I. 6

Christmas was the same bore as always. It consisted of both Aidan and her studying their arse off. Aidan had OWL's, so he stressed about every little detail in their studying. How she wanted to get the broom and soar into the air. How she wished she had the company of Blaise and Daphne. She had received their gifts. Blaise gave her tiara. She wanted to rip his guts right there. He did it to mock the girl, finding entertainment teasing her. Daphne, on the other hand, sent her dragon hide black quidditch gloves. 

She had sent nothing back. Aunt Mala and Uncle Seamus did not let Aidan or Morrigan send anything back. So she took in her own hands and bough Blaise a mirror so that he could stare at his face all day, and she bought Daphne a beautiful dress with a cape. She gave it to them once they sat on the train to Hogwarts together. 

"Focus, Morrigan. You need to feel a strong emotion, rage, envy, happiness, whatever it is, just channel it into the Patronus charm", Seamus said with one hand on his forehead. 

Teaching Morrigan this charm was useless. The girl could only generate wisps, not never a corporeal Patronus. Aidan said that she wasn't useless, but that she hasn't felt enough. While that may be true, it did not stop her from going to her Uncle's library in the middle of the night and read all about it. 

What was in a Patronus?

Could hers be a snake or a basilisk like Salazar Slytherin, or would it be a crow, Maeve's trusted animagus form? She couldn't tell. 

She thought about it on her way too on her way to detention. Detention

She groaned in annoyance as she reached the Golden Trio and a glaring Draco Malfoy. She scoffed, watching as Argus Filch led them to the forbidden forest with nothing but a mere gas lamp

How did she end up here? 

Well, funny enough, she didn't do anything. 

One second she was walking towards her common room, and another she was taken by the wrist by Malfoy and dragged into this fiasco. He ranted his way to Hagrid's hut, making her see what was so pressing about following Potter and his friends. 

Hagrid had a dragon pet. A hatchling. A Norwegian Ridgeback. 

She growled at Malfoy. 

"What is the meaning of this? Why did you want me to bloody follow you around the school just see a dragon? Are you mad? We are already past curfew, I swear if-", she started, with fists clenched, inching towards the platinum blonde boy. 

"Calm down you idiot, we are going bust them with McGonagall, earning house points, that's what you want, right?"

"If I may interject, we are out of curfew too, you blithering idiot. Pathetic fool. Why did I even let myself be here?"

"Are you done complaining or are you going to help me?", an annoyed Malfoy retorted. 

"I'm going back to my room-"