Part II| Are You Done Talking?

"I always let you down, you're shattered on the ground, but still I find you there, next to me. And oh, the stupid things I do, I'm far from good, it's true. But still I find you next to me." —Imagine Dragons.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Next To Me' by Imagine Dragons.

♡ A/N: Please listen to the above song guys! Also Thank you so much for all your love and support on the last chapter! :) ♡

A/N: Please listen to the above song guys! Also Thank you so much for all your love and support on the last chapter! :)

••

Harmony

My mom seems pretty excited about the dinner with Mr. Blake, but on the contrary, I am feeling rather indifferent about this whole thing. Based on our last heated argument, I should be in a state of obviation where Blaze is concerned, and that means staying away from him.

Despite how alluring it is to see him and talk to him, I think a little distance would be better for us, but my mom, apparently, has different thoughts.

How did she even manage to become such good friends with Mr. Blake in such a short space in time? She's kind of an introvert, like me so I find it rather astonishing how close she has gotten with him. I guess Mr. Blake has the same captivating aura as his son.

"Here we are." My mom smiles as she turns into Blaze's spacious yard. If only she knew how many times I have been here.

My body goes under a state of anxiety rush. What am I doing here? This weekend was supposed to be about me staying away from anyone related to Homewood and freeing my headspace, but now I am walking right into the lion's den. What will Blaze's reaction be when he sees me? He will probably think I am just as psychotic as Maddie and just won't leave him alone.

Mom, I blame you for this.

"Phew, I am so tired." She breathes as she opens her door and climbs out of the car.

I roll my eyes skyward. If she were tired, she would have just stayed home instead. She has no idea how hard this dinner will be for me.

Eli fell asleep before we left, so my mom called Jenna, the babysitter, to look after him until we get back. I volunteered to stay with him, but she insisted I come along, saying Mr. Blake specifically asked for my attendance.

My mom rings the doorbell, while my mind flows back to the party Blaze had many nights ago and also the times we spent together here. Talking, watching movies, and...grinding on each other.

We can hear faint footsteps as it seems someone is making their way toward the door, and involuntarily my heart misses a beat.

The door opens to reveal the older host of the house, and I relax a little. Thank God it isn't Blaze, although I would have to see him eventually.

At the presence of my mother and me, his lips turn up in a glittering beam, showing off his perfect teeth. "Welcome, Haylee and Harmony."

"Hi." My mom and I speak at the very same time, then exchange smiles like two silly schoolgirls.