You Will Leave One Day, They All Do

"Whenever you're ready, can we surrender?" —Natalie Taylor.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Surrender' by Natalie Taylor.

A/N: Halloween Treat :)

••

Harmony

"Harmony."

"Harmony."

A gentle shake of my arm tugs me from the deep slumber I had sunken into. I open heavy eyes, glancing around in disorientation until my gaze lands on Blaze, who is silently staring at me from behind the wheels. I pull my focus from him and look around the dark and empty vicinity, realizing that we are back at Homewood and I had fallen asleep in his car.

"We are here," he announces the obvious.

I am still feeling a bit tipsy, but I am more clear-headed than how I was earlier at the party. Getting a little rest sure helps a lot when you're wasted. My muscles feel as if they had fallen asleep as well, and as I try to sit upright, I scrunch my face up at the slight pounding in my head. I make a mental vow never to drink again or attend another party, rather.

Now that my senses have returned, flashes, and memories of the previous events raid my thoughts. I am very much embarrassed by my earlier actions, which include dancing on Kite—a guy I had only met for half of an hour and then saying things I should not have to Blaze. To say I am humiliated would be an understatement.

Sensing his eyes on me, I hang my head in shame and unlatch my seatbelt. "You didn't have to take me back." I thrust the door open and step out into the piercingly cold air of the night. The climate is humid and windy, and I sheathe an arm around myself, recalling that I have left my purse and sweater at the party. I had given Yuna my belongings to keep for me while I went to use the restroom, and I forgot to take them back when I had returned.

I hear as Blaze gets out of his car and walks around to where I am standing.

"Are you cold?"

I look away from him. "No, I am fine."

"Yeah, but your teeth are clenching so hard." He coils his fingers under his sweater and pulls it over his head in a fast motion. He's now wearing a white tank top as he steps closer to me, motioning to put it over my head.

I step back. "I am fine."

"Don't be so stubborn," he hisses.

I oblige but avert my eyes to my feet, refusing to look at him as he slips his brown hoodie over my head.

"Put your arms in," he instructs.

I do as told, but quite reluctantly. Instantly, the well-known scent of his encompasses me, forcing me to breathe it in. The cotton material feels soft and warm against my skin, and my hands are hidden inside the clothing due to how large it is.

Blaze's lips twitch in a smile. "You look cute."

My face reddens at that, and I quickly turn away. "I am going to my room."

He pushes the passenger's door up then locks his car doors with his key and chases behind me."Let me walk you to your door."

"I am fine; I don't want you at my dorm."

"I didn't say your dorm, Harmony. I meant your door, just to ensure you're back safe and alright."

"I'll be fine; no one will hurt me on the school grounds."

"Yeah, you can't convince me when Mr. Jones almost molested you in his office the other day."

I stop in my tracks and turn my head to look at him. "I really will be fine, Blaze. I want to be alone tonight."