Part II| I'll Run To You

"The city sky's feeling dark tonight. We're back to back with our heads down. Just look at me, give me more tonight. Just give me more of your love now. Let's set fire to the lonely night. You're beautiful when you look at me. Let's give love another life."

Chapter Theme Song: 'I'll Run To You" by Lea Michele.

^Harmony's Music Concert Song

^Harmony's Music Concert Song♡

♡♡

Harmony

"Please? Mom..." I let out a frustrated sigh as I keep my eyes trained on the closed bathroom door. I wouldn't want Blaze to come out and hear me begging my mom like a poor puppy. I've been trying to be strong for us both. "I don't want to leave him..."

My mom still insists on taking me with her after the Music Club official concert this evening. No amount of pleadings or tears can move her stony heart. She is set on keeping us away from each other. If there isn't anything else I know about my mom, she can be quite cold when she doesn't get what she wants. And I know Mr. Blake is who she wants. I love her, but I love Blaze, too.

The door to the bathroom begins to squeak open, and I quickly end the phone call.

"I'll call you back later. Okay. See you at the concert." I hang up the phone as my eyes connect with Blaze's as he stands across the room.

He's shirtless, his chest still damp from his shower. He's wearing a pair of dark shorts on his waist, and his wet hair lies limp along his forehead. It makes my ordeal even more painful than it already is.

He smiles a fraction, wet lips curved only slightly, but I can see the sadness within his eyes. "What's up? Are you okay?"

I nod and put on a smile of my own. "Yes. Are you?"

"Are you really asking me that, green eyes?" He says and begins walking to his night unit. He starts putting in his gold earrings, sucking on his bottom lip as that usual habit of his. He's overthinking, isn't he? When he's through adorning his earlobes and wrist with jewelry, he steps back and sits next to me on the springy bed, smelling of body wash and deodorant and a smell that is only his.

"Aren't you going to get dressed?" I ask him softly, studying his side profile. His eyelashes look so much longer. "The concert is happening in a few hours?"

"Yeah..." He answers in a voice that's so unlike him before climbing up from the bed again and moving over to his drawer, tugging it open, and retrieving some suit of clothes.

"Blaze..." I say as I conjure up from the bed.

Blaze turns around while pushing a hand through his hair and places the clothes on the chair nearby.

"We're going to be okay, don't worry, alright?" I say, convincing myself more than him.

"I guess..." He offers me that unsure smile again and nods his head. I plod over to him and wrap my arms around his damp body, laying my head against his shirtless chest. He feels too good. Warm yet cold at the same time.