I Will Stay With You

"It's you; it's always you. If I'm ever gonna fall in love I know it's gon' be you. It's you; it's always you. Met a lot of people, but nobody feels like you." —Ali Gatie.

Chapter Theme Song: 'It's You' by Ali Gatie.

••

Harmony

In no time, the bathroom door opens, and Blaze steps out fully clothed in a pair of grey shorts and a white tank top with wide underarm slits.

He looks good even in bed-wear, and my eyes involuntarily drop to the front of his shorts. The bulge has lessened but when my eyes return to his I notice he's smiling with a knowing look on his face.

Oh God. He caught me.

I quickly shift my gaze to the Tv screen awkwardly. "Uh, I-I couldn't find a movie choice; I know you like horror, so I was just—"

"Hey, it's okay," he says as he advances over to where I am. "You can just choose a romance."

"Oh, okay, are you sure because the last time—"

I am unable to finish the sentence as I notice him settling on the bed behind me. He puts both his thighs on either side of mine so that I am now sitting between his legs. Almost like how that squirrel girl was at the bonfire night.

My cheeks heat up as I feel him shuffling in closer so that my back is pressed against his chest.

With widely opened eyes, I try to modulate my breathing as I stiffly stare at the screen ahead.

"Just choose any romance," he utters as if the position does not affect him at all. I guess I am the only one on the verge of having heart failure here.

"Okay," I say, pointing the remote to the screen. My hands are clammy from angst, and instead of scrolling through the option, I am pressing the volume button like an idiot.

Blaze laughs from behind me, his chest vibrating against my spine. "What are you doing, Harmony? Let me." He pulls it from my grasp and begins to skip through a long list of romance options.

"Mm...how about The Fault in Our Stars?" He asks after about two seconds.

"Yeah, yeah, that'd be good."

He clicks on it, and it loads up while he puts the remote on the bed beside us.

Suddenly, I feel two strong and warm arms wrap around me from behind, cuddling me in closer to his torso, and I almost stop breathing for a second. His biceps are casually rested above my heart, and I fear my hard and irregular heartbeat will be felt by him.

Focus on the screen Harmony, the screen.

The movie finally begins. It is about two cancer patients who met at a cancer support center and fell in love. I can't tell if Blaze is watching it, but I know I am. It is the only thing keeping me from becoming a human tomato in his arms.

While the film goes on, he is silent and motionless behind me. I steal a swift side-glance and notice that his face is fixed ahead, and I presume that he's watching it. His arms are unmoving from around me, and soon I begin to feel more comfortable with them being there.

That's until now. A sex scene begins to play on the screen where the two main characters are in a room, kissing and taking their clothes off.

This is indeed very uncomfortable to watch with Blaze right behind me. Watching people being cut to threads with a chainsaw would have been much better in this case.

I swallow thickly, and my own saliva sounds deafening as it travels down my throat. I do my best to keep a straight face while Blaze is watching the clip quite comfortably. He sure is a different species.