I Wish I Could Read Your Mind

"Tell me that love is enough. The seas will be parted for us."—Jarryd James.

Chapter Theme Song: 'A Thousand Times' by Jarryd James ft. Broods.

Warning: Chapter contains mature sexual content.

••

Harmony

The silence in the car is so thick that perhaps a knife would not be strong enough to slice the void. Probably an ax or a chainsaw—but not a knife.

The radio that normally makes the lack of speech less awkward is off today, and Blaze doesn't seem to be in the mood for music at this moment. His aura screams 'leave me alone' and I don't want to be a victim of his harsh tongue again. It's not something I can handle.

Dark clouds have begun to gather above, sending the indication that it'll rain soon. The humid air on the outside and the high air conditions in the car has me freezing, and I rub my arm to warm myself up as I look over at him, deciding to try my luck.

"Where are we going?"

Normally, he would be the one to break the ice, but today it seems he rather stay quiet. But not hearing his laughter and his crazy attempts at singing while we drive in his car is saddening.

"You should have asked that before you came into the car, Harmony," he starts. "Isn't it too late to be worried about where I am taking you?"

"I am not worried," I reply truthfully. "I was just asking."

He doesn't say anything else and just stares ahead with firm jaws. The stillness is suffocating. I want the fun Blaze back.

His mood is never stable. One minute he's sweet and smiling and calling you green eyes, and then the next he's giving you the cold shoulder and ignoring your presence. I can't keep up with the hot and cold behavior; it's starting to get frustrating.

Rain hits the windshield in small droplets then begins to pour down heavily and from the looks of it, this could easily turn into a thunderstorm.

"It's raining," I state the obvious. "We should probably head back to school."

He looks at me and the pissed look on his face causes me to shrink in my seat.

"If I head back to school, I will kill someone right now, do you want to see me kill someone? You are the same person who will run into the way to stop me like the guardian angel."

I swallow. Maybe I should just stop talking. He is obviously in a bad mood.

He resumes his attention ahead as he turns onto a sandy area with a wide body of water in front of it. A beach. The smell of salt and seaweeds circulates the car and I register that we are seemingly at the back section where there is no-one but us.

"Why are we at a beach?" I look around curiously, and Blaze looks extremely annoyed as he kills his engine, now magnifying the sound of the raindrops hitting against the roof.

"I am freeing my headspace. I didn't ask you to come, Harmony."

"I know Blaze, I am not complaining."

"It sounds to me like you are." He glares at me grimly, and I sigh and look away from him.

God, he's being unnecessarily difficult. I should just give him time.

He reclines his seat so that he can lay down onto his back. Perching a bicep over his forehead, he shuts his eyes, and in no time, he has drifted off to sleep.