You Like A Challenge

"And the world hasn't been good to you, my darling. You've been right through hell and back to earth, my darling. Are you still here cause it's my heart that you're guarding? If I never loved you, right here's where I'm starting."—Haley Smalls.

Chapter Theme Song: 'All Yours' by Haley Smalls.

N.B: Chapter Contains Mature Sexual Content.

••

Harmony

I am lying flat on my back while Blaze leans the upper part of his body over me.

His lips still haven't left mine, kissing me slowly while his palm presses into the bed next to my head. Keeping his weight above me while conveniently barring me inside the cage of his warm arms.

The scent of his shower gel and deodorant pleasantly massages my nostrils, multiplying the awakened butterflies currently gallivanting in my abdomen.

His tongue is moving inside my mouth in feverish circles as he takes total control of my lips with his. This kiss is all I have ever read about or heard about in the movies, but never thought it'd happen to me. It's intense and consuming, taking reign over every inch of my body, mind, and soul.

His lips break from mine, and my eyes open unwillingly to see his blue globes laced with undiluted desire. I am breathing heavily because we didn't break between the kisses, however his breathing is steadily normal, and I wonder how that is even possible when his lips had been so violently working a second ago.

"I bet your heart's racing now," he says in a husky tone, his lips turning up in a smirk, setting my soul ablaze.

Without a doubt, it is and I think he knows that, but it's no fun if I let him have his way.

"It's not," I say challengingly.

He chuckles at my answer, pushing his hair back from his face as he salivates his already moist lips. "Wow. You sure can be stubborn."

I smile a little.

"Okay." He sinks his teeth into the red flesh of his lip. "I'll just have to try again...may I?"

Without awaiting a response, his warm hand finds its way under my T-shirt and as soon as he comes in contact with my bare skin, I shiver noticeably. His lips turn upward again at the reaction.

"Did I just make you shiver?" He whispers, his finger tracing around my navel in a torturous pattern. "Shivering does not happen unless this affects you, but considering you claimed your heart 'isn't racing' then I think this is indeed a matter to be looked into, Harmony."

I take a deep breath. "I-I am just probably cold."

"Are you?" His voice is hemmed with lust and a hint of humor due to the fact that my breathing has now rapidly quickened and I am still being a stubborn brat.

"Then maybe my lips will be of warmth." He lowers his face to my stomach and encloses his plumb lips against the area.

A gasp leaves my mouth without my consent and I close my eyes tightly.

His wet lips are gliding over the surface of my tanned tummy, sucking the skin between his lips. It feels too good that I have to raise my head to clarify whether he's just kissing my stomach or somewhere else. His eyes glide up to watch me, the dim light in the room making his blue eyes appear darker. Or maybe it is the desire that consumes it.

"Do you know how close I am to your heartbeat?" He purrs against my skin. The desire is way too much, and I lay my head back against the pillows as my mouth falls open, enjoying the way his mouth feels on my body.