Part II| Secret & Lies

"The greatest pretenders, forget to remember their lies." —Alex & Sierra.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Broken Frame' by Alex & Sierra.

••

Third-person POV

"We had sex, Harmony."

She glares at him wordlessly, cold tears bleeding from her devastated eyes. Her brain is a tangled knot of bemusement as she struggles to interpret the sentence he just uttered.

They had sex? No, no, there is no way that could be true. She refuses to believe that.

Kite searches her face quietly, waiting for her to say something, but she's just staring at him in a trance. As if her mind has taken a trip to a faraway place.

He sighs at her unresponsiveness and shifts closer to her on the bed. This is enough to trigger a reaction from her as she moves away from him, keeping her knees up to her chest but not breaking eye-contact. Her body is trembling unrestrainedly, and Kite releases another soft exhale.

"Talk to me, Harmony."

"You're lying." She whispers. "You're lying to me, aren't you?"

His orbs soften as he lowers his head, hesitating for a second before finally responding. "No, I'm not. Why would I lie to you? We did have sex; don't tell me you can't remember anything."

His tone sounds sincere and convincing, and this scares her even further.

"No." She laments, shaking her head repeatedly. "You did something to me, Kite; what did you do to me?"

He looks away and blows his cheeks out before meeting her wild eyes again. His eyes are now narrowed to slits, taking offense to her last phrase. "Harmony, are you saying I raped you?"

Answering this, she hugs herself as her bottom lip trembles, and Kite scoffs in disbelief.

"I didn't, okay? We were both sure of what we were doing; I didn't force you. You wanted it too."

"You're lying! You're a liar." She snivels. "That's impossible. I don't believe you. I don't believe any of this, where are my clothes? I need to leave; I won't listen to this anymore."

Her eyes frantically dart around to locate her sweater and jeans, but her mind isn't focused at all. She cannot believe he just said that they slept together. That can't be true. She would never do that.

Her thoughts traverse back to that last time she was drunk at his house party and ended up dancing with him. She knows she isn't herself when she is intoxicated but sleeping with Kite is something she wouldn't do even in a drunken state.

This whole situation scares her, and the fact that she's half-naked makes his statement more believable. But she won't crumble. They did not have sex, and she is sticking to that belief.