I'd Come For You, No-one But You

"By now you know that I'd come for you. No one but you. And I'd fight for you. I'd lie, it's true. Give my life for you. You know I'd always come for you." —Nickelback.

Chapter Theme Song: 'I'd Come For You' by Nickelback.

A/N: A promise is a promise ;)

••

Blaze

°°(Before he finds Harmony)°°

I didn't realize that I was sitting here in Calculus class, staring at Harmony's picture with a smirk on my face like a crackhead until I saw my own reflection through the phone screen.

She's doing something to me.

Since I was diagnosed at the age of ten, I have never felt this weird feeling toward someone. The need to see them; to hang around them. This feels foreign and unusual, and I am not sure what term could be used to describe what has been happening to me lately. Maybe I need to type these symptoms in on google or take a trip back to that boring therapist woman. This is all against my nature. I must be malfunctioning.

The picture, however, does not satisfy my interest. I want to see her in person. I want to see those innocent green eyes, and not from a lifeless image.

"Yo, look at this!" James pulls me back to reality by shoving his cell into my face. I shift away from the dirty device that almost collides with my lips as I shoot him an annoyed glare.

I am convinced that he isn't right in the head. Ironically.

"This girl finally texted me! I gave her my number on Sunday and it took her two days. Woah."

I deadpan him, perching one of my elbows on the desk behind me. "This is why April doesn't want you. You're a player, dude."

He laughs deeply, scratching the top of his head. "Yeah I admit, I am. But so are you. Hanging around poor innocent Harmony to take her virginity." I roll my eyes, and he continues. "You have known her for a while now, yet you still haven't had sex with her. You both even got locked in your room that night of the party and nothing happened."

I shrug lightly, returning my eyes to the picture she sent me this morning.

"You guys really didn't do anything that night?"

"Nope." I pop the 'p' carelessly.

"Not even kissed?"

My thoughts return to the events that occurred between us, from me kissing her to the ecstasy she made me feel just by merely moving against my groin. I shake my head shortly.

"No. Nothing happened."

I am not sure why I suddenly feel the need not to kiss and tell. Fuck, I am probably losing my mind for good.

His eyes fall to the picture on my phone and he grips my hand inquisitively. "Woah, is that her?"

I click the home icon, and his face pipes up. "Damn, did she send you that? Does she send you nudes too?"

I make a face. "What?"

The words 'nude' and 'Harmony' do not fit in one sentence. It makes me feel so shallow.

Shallow. Another emotion I have not felt in a long while. This girl is definitely doing something to me.

And then the urge to see her emerges stronger than ever before. I need to see her. Just one look would be okay.

"I'll be back, Jay." I conjure up from my seat and begin to leave the theatre, not caring that my lecturer is in the middle of her lesson. She doesn't seem to care either; probably has reached her quota of handling my misconduct.