Don't Trust Me, Darling

"Terrors don't prey on innocent victims."—-Imagine Dragons.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Bad Liar' by Imagine Dragons.

••

Blaze

"Yo, where have you been?!" James glances at me from the PS4 game he's playing on the small couch, the loud game system reverberating throughout the cramped dorm room. "You've been MIA all morning."

Instead of responding with words, I coil my fingers under my T-shirt and tug it over my head, fluffing it into a ball before sailing it straight into his face.

He hisses and grabs it from next to him, keeping his eyes on his game as he blindly throws it across the room. It lands on the floor and I shake my head as I drop my bag of snacks and car keys on the table.

Nasty fucker.

Making my way to the mini kitchen, I kick the garment out of my way as I stifle a loud yawn. I open the fridge and retrieve a bottle of cool water before nudging the door close with my foot.

"You were with that cute little first year, mm?!" James calls out, and images of her immediately begin to parade my thoughts. I put the bottle to my lips silently, slowly gulping down the liquid.

"Why are you following her around anyway?! She doesn't seem like your type!"

Why can't he shut the fuck up? I'm not in the mood to speak with anyone. Jeezus, I need my own damn dorm.

"Trying to get in them jeans, huh?! But Harmony doesn't seem to like wearing jeans. Mostly dresses and skirts...but that's much easier!"

"Dude...shut up for once," I grumble, just before the sound of ruffling plastic pulls my attention. I raise a brow and take a step back, gazing out the doorway to see him digging through my bag of snacks.

"I did not buy that for your lazy-ass, put it back."

He freezes with the Doritos in his hand, pouting his lips pleadingly. "But you have two of them in here, and two sodas..."

I deadpan him.

"Please? I haven't eaten all morning, Blaze."

"And how is that my problem? I'm not your fucking guardian." I turn away and put the bottle into the fridge. I hear the loud sound of ripping plastic followed by awful crunching, and I roll my eyes as I close the fridge door. He never listens. I hope he chokes on it.

I make my way back into the room and crash on the couch while he gets up with the snack in his hand. "Gonna get a glass with some ice." He grins as he passes by me and I resist the urge to push my foot in the way so he falls over it.

"You know Harmony seems like a nice girl!" He says from between the fridge. "I know you have never liked a girl in your entire life, so I know you're just playing around with her. I feel for her. Don't ruin her innocence, Blaze!"

I ignore him and reach for his controller, restarting his 'Uncharted' game to the first level. He wants something to blabber about, so I'll give him something to bicker about. I rest it back down, biting back my chuckle as I perch a fist over my mouth.

"Can I get the grape soda?" He asks as he emerges from the kitchen with a glass of ice cubes.

I coil my legs, gesturing to the bag. "You can have it all."

"Fuck, it's my lucky day!" He scampers over to the table, grabbing the purple juice from the bag and pouring it into his glass. As he returns over to the settee, I smile softly and willingly scoot over. Granting him all the space he'll need.