I Can't Resist You

"And oh, you've turned this black heart, made it into gold." —Jess Glynne.

Chapter Theme Song: 'My Love' by Jess Glynne.

^A/N: Pleasee listen the above song! :)

••

Harmony

I haven't seen Blaze since they took him for their so-called 'investigation.' April was asking for him at lunch, but I figured it would be best if he tells her what happened, so I just told her that I had no idea where he was.

I miss him though and I hope he's alright.

I lie onto my side on my dorm bed, staring at the bathroom door in silence. April left for the night, as usual, leaving just me and the spider that is currently hovering above her bed, but I am much too scared to remove it.

I hope Blaze is not doing anything that he really shouldn't be doing right now. I can't trust his intentions, not when that look that he gave to Mr. Jones was so spine-chilling. I tried texting him, but I haven't gotten a response and I won't send another one. I don't want to seem too needy.

My mind goes back to the knife he hid earlier, and I get down from my bed and kneel on all fours, peering underneath in search of it.

As I thought, the knife is gone.

I push my hair back as I stand to my feet again, twisting my lips worriedly. I know Blaze is about to cause some trouble, and I can't allow that to happen.

I hastily grab a sweater from my suitcase, deciding to go find him before he ruins his life.

As soon as I open the door, I still in my tracks as my eyes come in contact with his sapphire ones, much to my pleasant surprise.

"Going somewhere, green eyes? I was just coming to see you." He beams at me, and my body exhales in utmost relief.

"Blaze."

"Why do you look so worried?" He gently pushes past me and plods over to my bed, crashing his butt against the mattress with a tired exhale.

Intrusion into my dorm room should be rude, but strangely, his invasion feels rather comforting instead.

I close my door and walk over to him, trying to suppress the smile that threatens to mold my lips. Thank God he's okay.

"Where were you all day? How did it go?"

"Fairly good. Everything is alright now." He grabs my pillow off the bed and begins to play with it, juggling it from one hand to the next. "My uncle is the chairman, so you know what that means."

"Your uncle is the chairman?" My mouth falls open at the information, and he nods casually as if it's not that big of a deal.

"Yeah, why do you look so shocked? It's nothing great."

Well, I have now discovered something else about him. I should write this down.

I sit beside him. I want to know more but I can't push too hard.

"So... he's April's dad then?"

"Yep." He pops the 'p' simply before putting the headrest back into its place.

"The same one you punched in the nose whilst he was trying to break up your little fight?"

He looks at me with wide eyes, appalled. "April told you that, didn't she?"

"Yep." I pop the 'p', mimicking his previous actions with a wide smile.

He laughs and shakes his head. "April talks too much."