I Will Follow You Wherever

"Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here. Even if it takes all night or a hundred years. Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near. Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear." —Billie Eilish ft. Khalid.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Lovely' by Billie Eilish ft. Khalid.

(A/N: Felt like adding this as a note in case anyone has forgotten. Leo is that guy in chapter one whose girlfriend had slept with Blaze. He'll be mentioned later in the chap.)

••

Harmony

I was drunk.

But I was still levelheaded. Therefore, I knew what I was doing. It's just that I have no idea why I didn't stop. I am knowledgeable enough to know that such actions should be done between two people who have feelings for each other. And Blaze hasn't necessarily portrayed that he has any form of romantic feelings for me. He's charming to everyone as April says, and I have witnessed it for myself, therefore it's invalid to conclude that the reason he kissed me and did everything else that followed is that he likes me.

And what about me? Do I like him? I prefer not to dig too deep for the answer. I know that the most painful types of emotions are the ones unrequited, hence I should just leave such thoughts alone.

He was drunk. I was drunk, and we were having a great time laughing together. Such things can easily create a sexual atmosphere when two people are stuck in a room together. That's all it was. We were just mentally out of it.

I begin to gather my hair up in a bun but wince audibly when my finger grazes the jagged mark on my skin. I push my hair to the side with a grimace, inspecting the stinging area on the side of my neck through the wardrobe mirror. My face goes crimson once again when I see the small, raw bruise there. Pink and swollen.

Blaze. He did that.

I swallow and place my hair over it, deciding to leave it down for today. I grab my knapsack from the bed to head to my English class.

Truthfully, I have never had any form of a sexual encounter with a guy before Saturday night, therefore, I am not knowledgeable about how to act after it all happens. Blaze and I sit together in class, and I am dreading not being able to make it through the session without becoming a bundle of nerves.

When I get there, the room is quiet and empty, and I stroll down to my usual seat while checking the time on my wristwatch.

7:30 am.

Class doesn't start until another thirty minutes, so I sit in my chair and rest my bag in the spot Blaze normally sits in. Secretly, I am trying to secure the seat so that if someone were to come along, they wouldn't be able to take it. It's not a sign of attachment, it's just that Mr. Jones's boring lecture is a lot more bearable when Blaze is sitting next to me.

I slip my phone from the low pockets of my dress and push my earbuds in. Sliding down my playlist, I select the song 'Lovely' by Billie Eilish and Khalid before placing the cell onto my lap. Retrieving my notebook from my knapsack, I begin to revise the notes we got at the last class until it's time for today's lecture.

A hand rests down onto my notebook, and I look up to see Mr. Jones standing above my head. He's dressed in a crisp, grey suit, his briefcase clutched in his hand while he smiles down at me.

I remove the earbuds quickly. "Oh, I am sorry, has class started?" I glance at my wristwatch and notice it's only 7:45 am.

He shakes his head. "No, you're quite early, Ms. Skye." His lips drag wider while his hazel eyes crinkle under the fluorescent lights of the room.