Grant Me This Privilege

After an unexpected change in plans, it was decided that Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli would return to Yunmeng Jiang sect to continue their responsibilities, while Lan Zhan and A-yuan would return to Gusu Lan sect.

Ever since Lan Zhan promised to be a good father for A-yuan, he planned to bring A-yuan to Gusu Lan and raise him there as a disciple. Wei Ying didn't seem to agree at first but the pleading look from BOTH A-yuan and Lan Zhan had him convinced.

Because Lan Zhan agreed to take A-yuan with him to Gusu, Wei Ying felt much more at ease staying behind with his grandmother to further train with his new silver core, until he is able to understand perfectly what his new capabilities are.

Unable to relax at the thought of leaving Wei Ying's side, Lan Zhan had to do something to ease his mind.

The night before everyone was to set off

"Baoshan Sanren, may I speak with you on a private matter?".

Caught off guard, Baoshan Sanren was at her working table, looking through a bunch of ancient texts. Gesturing her hand towards Lan Zhan, he entered the room and went to take a seat.

"Hmm, yes, what is this private matter you'd like to speak to me about?"

"I, Lan WangJi, dare to ask for permission to officially court your grandson, Wei Wuxian."

As if this was supposed to be the biggest shock of her life, Baoshan Sanren sat calmly in her chair and took a sip of her recently brewed tea, you can still see the steam from the cup rising up from the cup.

"Lan Wangji, you dare to finally ask me if you may court my grandson?" A grin plastered all over her face, she knew from the first day they arrived that Lan Wangji had feelings for her grandson. What was the point in making him play her game if she didn't want to test him in the first place?

Using all 18 years of experience, his poker face finally helped pull him through and appear calm when in actuality, his mind is in full panic.

Will she reject his proposal? Will she forbid him from ever being with Wei Ying? What if he can bribe her with ancient texts from the Lan Ancestral Library?

"-Zhan? Lan Wang Ji?" Snapping him out of his daze, Lan Zhan looks up to meet Baoshan's gaze. Her eyes showed a form of gentleness, slowly, Lan Zhan was calmer.

"Do not fret so much, I know your character and I know how well you treat Wei Ying. I will be honest, you are a good person and you are also a great cultivator. I have no problem with you courting my grandson, if anything, the one you should worry about is Weiying. He is such a smart boy but just like his mother, they are very dense clueless when it comes to realizing their own feelings, so I just want to tell you that Granny Baobao is rooting for you."

Is this a dream? Is he still imagining things? Somebody please wake him up.

"Lan Zhan? Lan Gongzi? Lan Wang Ji? Wang Yibo?" Baoshan Sanren called him several times, no matter what, he was in too much of a shock. He never expected this approval. Wait a minute, what did she just call him? Wang Yi-

"Well, it's getting late now isn't it? You have a long journey ahead of you tomorrow and you'll be taking care of A-yuan from now on. Let's talk again when we meet another day, hm?" Baoshan Sanren stood up and walked Lan Zhan to the door. Reluctantly, Lan Zhan just followed her and bid goodnight and farewell. He will set off at 5 am while the Jiangs will leave at 7 am.

Walking towards his guest room, Lan Zhan can see a figure leaning on the door, His black and red robes make him hard to see in the dark but Lan Zhan could tell who it is no matter from anywhere.

Did Wei Ying hear our conversation just now? He mustn't have. The door was closed and the rooms are so far from each other...Wei Ying, please don't push me away.....

While in a daze, Wei Ying was facing his own dilemma.

How should I talk to him? What should I say? What if he gets annoyed with me and kicks me out of the room quickly?

In order to avoid exposing themselves, Lan Zhan was the first to recover from his state of panic.

"Wei Ying, what are you doing out here?" As calm as he sounded, if only Wei Ying knew, his heart was beating like crazy.

"Mm! I was waiting for Lan Zhan to come back so we can have one last conversation before you have to go back to Gusu. I already tucked A-yuan into bed so you don't have to worry about that."

"Hm.... I was talking with Senior Baoshan about some things. Hope I didn't make you wait too long." Lan Zhan turned to look at Wei Ying, his posture leaning against the door was too tempting, one leg stretched out longer than the other while his arms were crossed over his chest.

Clearing his throat to ease the tension, Wei Ying stood up straight and turned his head, facing towards the ground.

"It's no problem. I was only here for a few minutes before you came so it wasn't long."

Lan Zhan hummed a noise and began to open the door to his room, gesturing for Wei Ying to enter.

The faint darkness helped cover the blush on Lan Zhan's ears but the glow of the candle enhanced the raging gold glimmer of his eyes, Wei Ying couldn't look away even if he wanted to, his eyes were too....mesmerizing.

"Wei Ying....what did you want to talk about?" Lan Zhan sat in one of the chairs in the room and gestured his gaze to the other chair next to him.

"This is our last night together before I can see you again for who knows how long! I....just wanted to see my good....buddy." Wei Ying took the seat next to him and took out the alcohol that was hidden in his robe.

Wei Ying: If I'm going to be more honest with myself and Lan Zhan, I might as well give myself some liquid courage!

Lan Zhan: He said good buddy....

Pouring the liquid down his throat, Wei Ying swallows in contentment and tries to offer some to Lan Zhan.

Shifting his gaze onto the alcohol, Lan Zhan just stares at Wei Ying and watches the alcohol drip from the side of his mouth and slowly make its way down his throat.

"Mm, I promise to Wei Ying that I will take care of A-yuan while he's in Gusu." Lan zhan panicked and the first thing that brought him back from his dreamland was their official/unofficial son.

Laughing at the frantic looking Lan Zhan, Wei Ying threw his head back, finally relaxing again in front of the man who seems to be the cause of all his distractions lately.

"I know you will Lan Zhan, I trust you. But....will A-yuan get in the way?" A bit of fear could be heard from the way he spoke, Wei Ying didn't want to cause more problems for Lan Zhan, he had already done enough by starting rumors of being co-parents with Lan zhan to their 'biological son'.

Lan Zhan shook his head,

"No, as I have said before, he sees me as his....'Papa' and you as his...'Mama'... so I will take my responsibilities seriously and do well in raising him." Lan Zhan was very serious. That day, he only expected to visit Wei Ying and to see how he was doing, but to be blessed with a child who calls him 'Papa' and Wei Ying his 'Mama', he knew that the heavens were blessing him. (Seriously though, I can't believe my story actually predicted the scene of the MDZS chibi version. When I watched it, I ACTUALLY SCREAMED. Who knew!?? LOL Like it wasn't completely accurate but the coincidence??? I think not!!)

Wei Ying chugged another gulp as he listened to Lan Zhan's response. In an instant, Wei Ying coughed and almost spat out his drink. For a quick moment of shock, he recovered quickly and chuckled.

"Lan Zhan, if you take in a son first so quickly, how will you find yourself a wife? Surely there must be a lady who is waiting for you to propose for a marriage..." Wei Ying might be acting coy but really, he was feeling bitter inside. How could he wish for Lan Zhan to find a woman to warm his bed every night?

Silence for a few seconds felt like a century for Wei Ying, he watched as Lan Zhan looked at the ground for a second and quickly turned back to look at him.

"There is someone I am waiting for to propose a marriage to, but...that person has yet to learn of my feelings for them."