Share My Three Bows With

Author's note: If you want to really get in the feels for this chapter, I suggest you listen to XianYun (Male Version) WangXian vers. of the anime/donghua. JUST TRUST ME

"There is someone I am waiting for to propose a marriage to, but...that person has yet to learn of my feelings for them."

Wei Ying sat still for a few seconds, Lan Zhan's words still processing in his mind.

What did he say? He has feelings for someone? Propose......a marriage?

After a few more seconds, Wei Ying releases his grip on the tea cup, unaware that he was gripping it tightly in the first place. Lan Zhan stares at Wei Ying, unable to make out what his expression means.

Looking straight into his eyes, Wei Ying breaks out into a grin.

"Lan Zhan....if you ever succeed in your marriage proposal, don't ever forget to invite me okay?"

Huh? What did I just say? Invite me to his wedding? I don't want to see that...Lan Zhan with another person. Why did I just say that? Stupid..

Looking at his smiling face, Lan Zhan's chest felt heavy. Wei Ying misunderstood his words again. He wanted Wei Ying to know that he was the one who was still unaware of the feelings he has for him, that he wants to marry him, that he is the one he is in love with.

"But say Lan Zhan, if you wanted to marry the person you like, don't you think it's inappropriate to take A-yuan and raise him as your son? Wouldn't your future partner feel uncomfortable about it? Perhaps it is best that you just leave A-yuan for me to raise, I don't want to get in the way between you and your partner."

Wei Ying couldn't bring himself to look at Lan Zhan anymore. If he looked at him any longer, he might break down and start crying.

"Of course Wei Ying will be at the wedding....." Lan Zhan responded.

I knew that I shouldn't have said that, now I don't think that I can even look at him properly.

"Because Wei Ying will be the one I share my three bows with."

.

.

.

The room was silent, the flame flickering back and forth on the only candle lighting up the room. Every breath taken and released can be heard, the cicada screaming outside seems to be the only noise breaking the silence at the moment.

"Lan Zhan, what did you say? Repeat that one more time." Swallowing down a non-existent mouthful of tian zi xiao, Wei Ying stares at the man in front of him, eyes never leaving those golden ones, awaiting.

"Wei Ying will be at the wedding because there will only be a wedding if Wei Ying is the one I share my three bows with. To the heavens, to our ancestors, and to each other, as husbands."

Lan Zhan looks at Wei Ying, the determination, the courage, the desire, to finally tell Wei Ying about his feelings has finally struck free, weakened by the sight in front of him to hold back anymore. He thought,

I thought I lost you once already, I cannot lose you again, not ever. I couldn't save you from falling off the cliff at Yiling, but this time, fate has given me another chance to fight for it, and I will fight for it.

Wei Ying sat in his seat, unbelievable. Lan Zhan just confessed his feelings for him, and on top of that, proposed to him. Just a minute ago, his mind was running a marathon, thoughts of him losing Lan Zhan to some person he didn't know, his heart was ready to shatter. But now, you're saying that I'M the one he has feelings for? Forget shattering, his heart felt like it was ready to explode.

"Lan Zhan....are you saying that...I...am the one you are waiting to propose to? The one who has yet to learn of your feelings for?"

Wei Ying was the first to break eye contact. His ears felt like they were ringing, echoing, Lan Zhan's confession still lingering in his ears, hoping it never disappears. Looking down at his lap, he shuts his eyes closed, waiting for him to speak.

"Mhm."

All the energy that Lan Zhan seemed to have a second ago, felt like they were drained away. He could only muster enough energy to give him such a simple response. But behind that small noise, there was an abundant amount of feelings and emotions that seemed to seep out straight towards Wei Ying.

Like rain finally blessed down by the heavens on a hot summer's day, Wei Ying cries. All the feelings and emotions from his soul, is finally overflowing and spilling out through his tears. He finally knows, Lan Zhan has feelings for him too. Ha ha ha ha.....Lan Zhan... the man who stole his heart without ever trying.... reciprocated his feelings. Attempting to wipe away his tears, Lan Zhan grabs Wei Ying's wrist before he could touch his face, and used his other hand to wipe his tears away for him.

"Wei Ying, why are you crying?" Concern and fear mixed together, Lan Zhan can't bear to watch Wei Ying cry like this.

Sniffling and giggling, Wei Ying uses his other hand to grab Lan Zhan's hand that's already wrapped on his face,

"I'm not sad Lan Zhan, I'm happy. I'm so happy!" Smiling again, Lan Zhan watches as Wei Ying grabs his hands and holds them together, as they seem to wrap around each other as if they were made to be.

"Lan Zhan, I love you....I want to marry you. I want to grow old with you. I want to wake up every morning with you and go to bed every night with you. I want to raise A-yuan together with you. I want to eat plain Gusu meals together with you. I want to grow a rabbit farm together with you. I whatever you!"

Before anyone even realized what was happening, Lan Zhan wrapped his arms around Wei Ying's waist, pulled him in close. Wei Ying, quick as his reflexes allows him to, grabs Lan Zhan's face, bringing him in close.

As if they were waiting for this moment their entire life, they close the distance, surging forward like this was their only chance, their lips finally meeting.

Author's Note: How was it!? The fated couples finally confessed their love for each other AND we get our first kiss! Yall, I'm not gonna lie. I was SCREAMING. I was listening to XianYun while writing this confession and let me just tell you, MY HEART WAS CRYING (TwT) send help!

I hate to end the chapter right here, but I think this was worth the long awaited update. Thank you so much for all the supportive comments and messages. I'm so glad that you all are loving the story so far.

Again, thank you for your patience. This semester has been a hell of a long one and I was just purely stressed and busy every week until I submitted my last final exam. I read each and every one of your comments and that's what keeps me motivated to keep going with this story. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much!💖