A Normal Meal

"You want to adopt A-yuan? Lan Zhan, A-yuan is just a child, he didn't know what he was doing, you don't have to regard him as your child. I can explain to him properly."

Panicking and trying to respond recklessly, Wei Ying did as much as he could to calm his mind. Suddenly saying he will let A-yuan take the Lan surname? That basically means he and Lan Zhan will raise him together...like a family.....

"Wei Ying. I did not misunderstand. If Wei Ying wants to raise A-yuan, I will do my best to raise him as well."

Lan Zhan interrupted him out of his thoughts.

Wei Ying, trust me. I will help raise our son together. A-yuan calls me A-die and calls you Mama, I mustn't fail him when he sees me as his father figure. Just like Lan sect #492, always be a great figure for the younger generations to look up to.

"........" Wei Ying is still in shock.

Lan Zhan wants to raise A-yuan with me? Why? Because I said I was raising A-yuan, he wanted to help as well?

"Lan Zhan, I thank you for your generous offer but I want to know why you wish to raise A-yuan with me? Is it because of something I did? "

Calm and collected as always, Lan Zhan gave the best response in all history.

"Because I made a vow to be there by your side, I intend to never break it."

.

.

.

.

For the 5th time this day, Wei Ying was shocked out of his skin.

DID LAN ZHAN JUST CONFESS TO ME!? GRANNY BAO BAO WHAT DO I DO?

"Wei Ying?"

What felt like hours was only a mere few seconds, Wei Ying has no idea how to comprehend what Lan Zhan just said.

Before both of them could say anything further, Wei Ying grabbed Lan Zhan's wrist and dragged him further into the guest room that Lan Zhan will be staying at.

Upon entering the room, there is the typical bed, dresser, windows, and a table set in the center of the room with four chairs placed around it.

Unable to think properly, Wei Ying just shoved Lan Zhan in and ran off.

"TAKE A NICE BREAK LAN ZHAN AND SEE YOU AT DINNER!"

Lan Zhan, just as confused as our lovely readers, just thanked Wei Ying and closed his doors, ready to settle in for the night.

"See you at dinner, Wei Ying."

Unknownst to Lan Zhan, but Wei Ying's bedroom is just down the hallway from his room.

Entering his room, Wei Ying sees A-yuan peacefully napping on their shared bed, exhausted from their trip in town. Walking closer, Wei Ying properly tucks the blanket in for A-yuan. Just looking at the adorable little bun, Wei Ying's mind leads back to what Lan Zhan said a while ago.

*Wei Ying's imagination*

"A-Die! Mama!" Their tiny cute little bun is currently wearing the Lan sect robes and the Lan's personal headband.

"A-yuan, no running in the Cloud Recesses" Lan Zhan approaches A-yuan and pats on his head, a small smile spread across his face.

"Hehe, sorry A-Die." A flush of red blush appears on his face. The small exhaustion was very present on his little chubby cheeks.

"A-yuan! Wo de xiao tuzi! (My little bunny)" Wei Ying appeared next to Lan Zhan, wearing the Lan sect's robe as well, stretching both arms out reaching to pick up A-yuan.

"Mama!" Picking A-yuan up and wrapping his arms around, A-yuan's head rests comfortably on top of Wei Ying's shoulder.

'Wei Ying...."

Lan Zhan comes forward, coming closer......and closer......leaning forward....reaching for...... a kiss....

"Mmmm Mama?"

A-yuan's voice broke Wei Ying out of his trance.

The sun has begun to set and the lanterns all around the sect have been lit. Dinnertime must be soon and that means......

"Mama, A-yuan is hungwy! Are we going to eat dinnah?" The cutest curious eyes are looking at him and can't help but pinch those adorable cheeks.

"Mm! But A-yuan just woke up, we gotta get you all freshened up and clean, how does that sound?"

Climbing out of the blankets and jumping all over the bed, A-yuan seemed excited.

"Bath time! Bath time!"

.

.

.

Gathering around the table, we have the Jiang siblings, Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli, Wei Ying and A-yuan, and Lan Zhan. Yanli just placed the last dish down on the table, all present at the table are ready to eat.

Everyone began picking up side dishes and ate it along with some scoops of rice. Wei Ying reaches out and places a piece of chicken onto A-yuan's bowl.

A lingering eye follows and watches as A-yuan scoops the chicken into his mouth.

Wei then proceeds to place a piece of vegetable on A-yuan's bowl. Staring at the bowl for a few seconds, A-yuan lifts his spoon again and begins to pick up the vegetable.

Lan Zhan watches as A-yuan scoops the vegetable with some rice, seemingly about to eat it, Lan Zhan looks away to eat his own meal. Unexpectedly, a small arm reaches out to him, some rice and a piece of vegetable on the spoon.

Is A-yuan trying to feed me?

"A-Die! A-Die!"

"Mn."

All heads turn at the table, looking at A-yuan, will Lan Zhan eat the food that A-yuan is trying to feed him?

Without a single hesitation, Lan Zhan leans towards A-yuan and eats the spoonful whole.

As expected, a small giggle from A-yuan was heard in the dining room as the Jiang siblings and Wei Ying watched Lan Zhan chew the food.

Watching on, Jiang Yanli smiles at the sight of a different side of Lan Eer-Gongzi.

Wei Ying looks away quickly, a flush of heat rising to the surface of his face.

He really ate it! I never thought he had it in him to do that!

Meanwhile, Jiang Cheng just grumbles and continues to stuff his face with food.

For once, can't we just have a normal meal together?

All author-san is going to say is, poor Jiang Cheng. hehe. See you next week!