The Sun Can Be Shot

Months after fighting the Wens for their Lotus Pier back, Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng have finally regained their home again, but sadly, what was once home, can never go back to being the same. After reuniting with the Qinghe Nie, Gusu Lan, and LanLing Jin sect, the final battle of the Sunshot campaign was in commence.

The final battle was to be in Qishan Wen's high mountains, the home of the clan reader, Wen Ruohan. Wei Wuxian, Jiang Cheng, and Lan Wangji were responsible for leading the clan troops to fight the minions. Lan Xichen and Nie Mingjue would be in charge of fighting the Wen's clan leader, Wen Ruohan.

Dark-red skies and heavy dark clouds looming above the Wen sect, the final battle of this campaign has just begun. Swords clashing everywhere and the numbers of enemies don't seem to be decreasing. Wen Ruohan had somehow found a mysterious demonic tool that he used to create puppets out of humans and use them as his minions to fight. This demonic tool that he calls the 'Stygian Tiger Seal' is something that was found in the deep dark caves in Qishan Mountains and unfortunate for our heroes, is not something to make things easier for them.

Wei Wuxian hasn't been able to put his sword down to switch with Chenqing. If his grandmother's flute is able to summon demons and help control the minds of these puppets, then he needed to find a secluded area to focus on that.

Seeing some irritation radiate off of Wei Ying, Lan Zhan fought his way over and managed to hit back-to-back with Wei Ying.

"Lan Zhan, you're here! Perfect! I need you to cover for me while I use my flute against these puppets!"

"Lan Zhan.....Perfect....." These words stuck to Lan Zhan's mind and a small tug up on both ends of his mouth couldn't hide the fact that he was happy to hear Wei Ying say that.

"Mn. I can cover. Wei Ying, be careful."

Their eyes met for a quick moment and Wei Ying nodded, he knew he could trust this man to protect him. Wasting no further time, Wei Ying sheathed Suiban and pulled out Chenqing from the side of his robe. Placing it just below his lips, he began a fast-paced melody, the quick-tempo beats slowly catching all the attention of the puppets that were around.

Slowly, the clan members all began to cease their fighting, as all the puppets have been entranced by Wei Ying's flute. All the puppets began slowly walking towards the edge of the cliff. Seeing his minions all about to jump off and leave himself to fight, Wen Ruohan tried to enhance the control of his puppets with the Stygian Tiger seal. Regaining control of the puppets, the puppets began their attack again on the nearby clansmen.

Looking for the culprit who was able to control his puppets, Wen Ruohan saw Wei Ying standing on top of a pillar with a flute in his hand. A heavy aura radiating from the flute, he knew that Wei Ying was the culprit. Using his tiger seal, he managed to push Lan Xichen and Nie Mingjue away and forcefully pull Wei Wuxian's neck to the grasp of his hands.

Surprised by the sudden pull, Wei Ying found himself suddenly choking at the hands of the Wen clan leader. Lan Zhan wasted no breath and reacted quickly, charged forward with Bichen in his hand, ready to aim at Wen Ruohan and save Wei Ying.

"You think you can defeat me with some little flute toy of yours? Hahaha, you are 1000 years too early for that." Wen Ruohan began strengthening his grip on Wei Ying's neck but also noticing 5 different swords moving towards him at the same time.

Nie Mingjue's blade, Lan Xichen's sword, Jiang Cheng's sword, Lan Wanji's sword, and Suiban, all flying towards Wen Ruohan. WAIT SUIBAN!?

Stupid master, don't you even try to die before I can even meet your grandkids!

Unnoticed by anyone, Suiban had noticed the attack on its master and unsheathed itself, flying towards the attacker of his master.

Using the tiger seal once again, Wen Ruohan was able to fend off the swords but sadly, he failed to notice that the seal hadn't worked against Suiban and managed to cut right into his left shoulder. Releasing his grip on Wei Ying, Lan Zhan lunged forward and caught Wei Ying right before he landed onto the ground, gasping for air.

"Thank you....Lan Zhan..." Coughing for a bit, Wei Ying was able to catch his breath and stood up, Lan Zhan's arm still wrapped against his shoulder.

At the sight of a self-wielding sword, everyone was in shock at the new turn of events. Unable to react in time, Wen Ruohan failed to see a man with a sword slowly approaching his backside.

"Wei Wuxian! Only you would manage to survive the Burial mounds and find yourself a demonic sword to wield! Hahahaha, of course, there's that saying 'you either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain'." Wen Ruohan clutched the stygian tiger seal and was about to begin another entrancement control but suddenly-

Whack!

Wen Ruohan turned around to the sight of his right-hand man, the one who helped planned all his attacks and schemes, slowly removing a sword covered with his own blood. Meng Yao. The man who showed up to his clan one day and begged to be a part of his clan, and in return, he would be able to scheme attacks against all the big clans and make them obey his commands.

"Meng Yao! You-" Wen Ruohan gasped for heavy breathes, his body began to feel numb, his vision had begun to fade white, and his consciousness slowly slipping away.

Meng Yao never really sided with Wen Ruohan, he only planned to infiltrate the Wen Sect because of Lan Xichen, he knew that Lan Xichen needed help to find information about the Wens and the only way possible was to blend in with the sect.

Everyone around stared in shock, nobody moved, only watching as Wen Ruohan took his last breath.

Now if there was a nickname that everyone could call Wen Ruohan, it would be Wasted-Enemy-of-Development-Plot-Story because this dude wasn't even in the plotline for more than one chapter and the death of this dude was merely beneficial for the love story.

The puppets around have begun to disappear into dust, and the only remaining people were the survivors of the battle. A few seconds of silence lead into a loud thunderous cheer as everyone shouted " Wen Ruohan is dead! Wen Ruohan is dead!"

Losing any strength left in his leg, Wei Ying collapsed himself into Lan Zhan's arms. Looking into each others' eyes, they both smiled at the sudden turn of events. All their hard word and the sacrifices have finally fruited into success and peace around the clans and clansmen have been restored.

Everyone was ready to go home and celebrate but only one thought had occurred in Wei Ying's mind at this very moment,

How did I not realize that Lan Zhan is so.....perfect?

Hello to my readers! Thank you all so much for your support and interest in my story. I had been gone on a hiatus for a while now due to the health pandemic going on lately and I was only able to come back and begin writing again. With the balance of transitioning to online school and online work-from-home, I sincerely thank you all so much for patiently waiting and asking about my well-being.

Furthermore, I want to satisfy your anxiety by telling you all that I will complete this story, and I don't plan on dropping this story. This story was my first ever fanfic for MDZS and not gonna lie, MDZS was my first ever Chinese novel that really piqued my interest. I haven't yet decided if I wanted to write out the story and upload several chapters per week, or if I wanted to write out the whole thing and upload all at once. The major difference is the timing of the upload. I'll probably have a decision by next week and update you guys further. But for now, I just wanted to say again, thank you for all your support!