A Visit to Jiang Sect

*Later in the afternoon*

"So you went to town, lost A-yuan, found him clutching to Lan Er-gongzi's leg, heard him calling him A-die, and managed to cause a rumor of an illegitimate child between you and Lan Er-gongzi?"

Jiang Cheng was recalling the story from Wei Ying's explanation AND the report from a disturbance happening in town.

"A-Xian..... Didn't we send you out to just buy a bag of potatoes?" Shijie was looking at her little brother in utter confusion. At least she was able to put A-yuan to bed.

"Uhhh it's like how Jiang cheng said, A-yuan sees Lan Zhan as his A-die, I don't have an explanation for that." Wei Ying responded.

All three siblings look over at Lan Zhan, his stern poker face is present as ever.

I have an illegitimate son with Wei Ying....a son with Wei Ying.....a family.......

Before embarrassing himself in front of the Jiangs siblings and We Ying, Lan Zhan snapped himself out of his thoughts, hopefully, they can't see his red ears.

Upon entering the Yunmeng Jiang sect, Lan Zhan had bowed in respect to the new leader and their eldest sister. As a sign of respect from the sect and its leader, Jiang cheng had bowed back and Shijie brought over some tea.

"Apologies on my early arrival, I did not plan to arrive 2 days ahead of schedule. I thank Jiang sect for your humble hospitality." Lan Zhan once again brought his arm up and bowed in respect to show his gratitude.

"It's alright. A-Xian said he was expecting a friend to arrive in Yunmeng. We're glad that he has such a great influence as a friend like Lan Er-gongzi." Shijie liked seeing Lan Zhan because she knows that A-Xian always looks so happy around him.

"That's right! Shijie and Jiang cheng didn't know that I invited you, Lan Zhan! You were my surprise guest! So, what'dya think? Feels good yeah?" Something about being Lan Zhan's best friend just brings some sort of flaunting privilege to Wei Ying's pride. No one has ever tried to claim themselves as the second Jade of Lan's best friend, as for Wei Ying, well, he never lets anyone forget.

"Mhm. I thank Wei Ying as well for your invitation to meet your grandmother, Baoshan Sanren."

Is this real? Am I dreaming? Someone, please tell me I'm not dreaming. Lan Zhan is thanking me AND he's bowing to me.

Watching Lan Zhan bow several times already, Shijie thought its best to let him rest and recover some energy for the journey that they will head out to.

"A-Xian, why don't you let Lan Er-gongzi rest in on of our guest rooms? He must be exhausted if he had traveled here from so far." Shijie patted her hands on her didi's shoulders, shaking him out of his thoughts.

"Huh? Ah? Ahh! Yes, you're right! Lan Zhan, let me show you your guest room!" A cheeky grin plastered over his face.

Bowing one last time in the afternoon, Lan Zhan follows after Wei Ying towards the several bedrooms. Walking over a bridge above the beautiful lotus garden, Lan Zhan notices the ancestral hall.

Hoping to move forward, Wei Ying sees Lan Zhan staring at the ancestral hall. Uncle Jiang and Madam Jiang are both resting in peace, hopefully watching over the sect. Wei Ying doesn't know what Lan Zhan wants but he'll take a chance and give a suggestion.

"Lan Zhan, did you want to pay your respects to the ancestral hall?"

"Mn. Lan sect rule #736: Must show respect to the elders."

"Okay, let's show our respect before I take you to your room."

Both of the men knelt in front of the ancestral hall, 3 bows for respect.

Lan Zhan's thought during each bow:

First bow: I come to show my respects to the ancestors of the Jiang family.

Second bow: I thank the previous Jiang sect leader and Madame Jiang for taking care of Wei Ying.

Third bow: I bow to make a vow that I shall be there to take care of Wei Ying from now on and pray that you will bless us.

Moments after, while slowly walking to Lan Zhan's designated room, Wei Ying wanted to explain properly.

"A-yuan is my adopted son, his biological parents had died during the sunshot campaign. His grandmother had become ill and couldn't take care of him. Lan Zhan, tell me if you think I did the right thing?"

Turning his heads over at Lan Zhan, Wei Ying sees his face pondering over what he just said.

Before Lan Zhan could answer, Wei Ying had cut him off.

"He's also a Wen, but he's just a child, completely innocent. What do you think?"

"Mn. I trust Wei Ying, A-yuan is just a child, his clan name should not define his innocence or guilt. Does Wei Ying plan to rename him to the surname Wei?"

In complete shock, Wei Ying had never thought about renaming his surname. It could be better for him because he had adopted A-yuan, he should change his surname.

Before Wei Ying could say anything further, Lan Zhan interrupts his train of thought.

"A-yuan regards me as his A-die, let's rename his surname to Lan."

.

.

.

HUH??????????

Hello my lovely readers! It completely slipped my mind when I realized I hadn't updated on Sunday. Happy Memorial Day! haha, I have a lot planned ahead for this story but for now the chapter is going to be short, as I wanted to introduce the Jiangs to Lan Zhan. The next chapter will move quickly into the next 'arc' of the story so the chapters will get longer. Thank you for your patience and I love to read your comments. See you again soon!