Training Shenanigans and Distress Calls

If anyone ever asks what it's like to train under the immortal Baoshan Sanren, don't. You won't survive. Her own daughter Cangse Sanren can attest to that. The other disciples can attest to that. And right now, Wei Ying can attest to that. Why you might be asking. Wei Ying counted this as his 57th time waking up to being tied to a tree while his grandmother lays on top of a big rock, sipping some freshly steamed jasmine tea.

"Granny Baobao, again? How many times are you going to do this?" Wei ying struggles as he tries to wiggle out of the bind.

Baoshan Sanren takes another sip, savoring the herbal flavor as the heat warms the chill lingering around the air.

"Until you can track and summon Suibian from any distance.

Wei ying lowered his head and sighed in defeat. Rather than complaining again (he now knows never to complain against his grandma), Wei ying began to concentrate. Starting with a small radius of 50 miles, Suibian is not close.

"Wei ying, if you can find Suibian and bring it back before noon, then we can move on to the next experiment." Baoshan Sanren gathered her things and began to walk back into the house.

"Don't you mean training?" Wei ying breaks his concentration.

Without responding to his question, Baoshan stops for a second, turns around to smile at her grandson, and continues walking back.

Wei ying watches as his grandmother gracefully treads back to the house, and he recalls all the past events of his training.

He remembers being blindfolded while fighting fierce corpses, blindfold sword flying, and flute playing. So far, from all this training, Wei ying has found out that his silver has enhanced his cultivation skills by a hundred folds. His meridians are always cleansed by the silver core qi flowing in his body.

On top of that, his talismans are ten times more powerful than before. Safe to say, his training has been effective, but immensely exhausting.

Back to the current situation, where is Suibian?

Meanwhile at Gusu, in the garden where Lan Zhan's rabbits play

"A-yuan, where did you get that?" Lan Zhan spots his son playing with a stick figure, but upon closer look, he realizes that stick figure is none other than the spiritual sword of his lover, Suibian.

"A-die! Mama gave A-yuan his sowd (sword)! Now I can twain like you and Mama." A-yuan swings the sheathed sword back and forth. Luckily Suibian knew to lock himself so A-yuan wouldn't cut himself with it.

"How did Suibian get here? Did Wei ying come to Gusu?" A bolt of excitement rushed into his thoughts, but his face remained calm. It's been half a year since he last saw his lover. Even though they exchange letters every so often, nothing is better than to see him in person.

"Bu bu, Suibian came hea by itsewuf. I found him wight hea by da wabbits." A-yuan points at the spot where markings of a hole planted straight down into the dirt can be seen.

"Let's bring it back into the Jingshi, perhaps Wei ying will come soon to get it." Lan Zhan picked up A-yuan where he sat on the ground and set him down to walk on his own. Letting his son hold Suibian, Lan Zhan held his other free hand and they both began walking back to their room.

Unable to understand Suibian's thoughts, the sword spirit grumbled to himself in annoyance.

"That damn boy, always sending me to random places like I'm a toy to play hide and seek. He's only lucky that his own son found me instead of a different person. What if I get stolen and sold to the black market!? Hmph! One of these days, I'm just going to let him fall from the sky! Ah wait-! A-yuan, stop shaking me like that! I'm going to get dizzy!"

A-yuan kept swinging the sword around, thankfully he's not hurting anybody...well except maybe the sword spirit, but how will they know? They don't have a silver core to understand it.

Upon returning to the Jingshi, a Lan disciple waits at the entrance.

"Lan gongzi" the disciple bows respectively to his senior.

"Is there a matter?" Lan Zhan responds.

"Sect leader Lan and Head disciple Lan are asking for your presence in the lecture hall," the disciple replayed the message he was ordered to do.

With a quick and short response, Lan Zhan sends the disciple away and drops off A-yuan to play by himself in the Jingshi. Closing the door behind him, Lan Zhan begins to walk towards the lecture hall.

Waving goodbye to his A-die from the bed, A-yuan was too distracted to see a shadow figure creeping up behind him...

At the lecture hall

Walking into the lecture hall, Lan Zhan greets his uncle and brother.

"Uncle, Brother, you summoned for me?"

Nodding his head and stroking his goatee, Lan Qiren places the cup of tea down and clears his throat. Lan Xichen watches from the adjacent side of the table.

"Wangji, the annual sect meeting is going to happen next month. You and your brother will be attending the meeting and reporting back on what occurred. This year, the meeting will be held at Lanling Jin sect. What do you think about that?" Lan Qiren briefs the message received this morning.

Taking in what his uncle just said, Lan Zhan understood what he has to do.

"Yes Uncle, I will attend the meeting with Brother. If I may ask, who will take care of A-yuan while I am gone?" Lan Zhan never fails to show off how much he values his son.

"Uncle will take care of him, do not worry. I raised you two to become fine cultivators, Uncle will be able to do the same for A-yuan." Lan Qiren responds.

What you all readers may not know is, during the last 6 months since A-yuan started training at Gusu Lan sect, adorable little A-yuan has been knocking down all of Lan sect leader's walls and using his cuteness to open a new side of Lan Qiren than no one has ever seen before.

Lan Qiren spoils A-yuan.

When we say spoils, we mean SPOILING the heavens down to earth.

Food too bland? He adds seasonings and flavors.

Feeling too tired to continue learning the clan rules? He takes him back to the Jingshi for a nap.

Nobody can withstand this adorable boy.

As the three Lan men continue to discuss, a suddenly distressed disciple comes rushing into the lecture hall.

"Slow down! No running in the sect. Now, take a breath and say everything in one breath." Lan Qiren lifts his teacup to his mouth, taking a sip.

Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji watch as the disciple collects himself before bowing to announce, "Child A-yuan is missing."

"PFFTTTT"