Let's Talk

"Wei Ying. You're alive. You're here." Lan Zhan couldn't help but stare longingly at the man in front of him.

His heart can't help but feel a tug, a tug he wished he knew how to express. What can a quiet-introverted man like him do when all that he brought to Wei Ying was nothing but annoyance?

Lan Zhan watched as Jiang Cheng wrapped an arm around Wei Ying and began shaking him, the attention diverting from the floor to his brother.

"Wei Wuxian, where have you been? Why did it take you so long to show up?" Jiang Cheng was on the edge of his toes, just itching to know. He may not show it much, but without a brother, who will he confide to? Who will be his right-hand man in ruling Yunmeng Jiang sect?

Lan Zhan merely stood in front of them, quiet as usual,

will Wei Ying answer if he asked him a question?

"Aiyo, Jiang Cheng! I just came back, chased you guys all the way from Qinghe Nie sect, let's sit first and talk properly."

Right as Wei Ying shifted to turn towards a table set, Lan Zhan grabbed around his arm.

Golden eyes piercing through, Wei Ying felt a sort of shiver.

Has Lan Zhan always had these golden-sun eyes?

"Wei Ying.....that flute....demonic cultivation is harmful to your body and those who have strayed to this path have never recuperated back." Lan Zhan stared straight into Wei Ying's eyes. There was no explanation for what kind of cultivation he performed earlier. Nothing was ever written in the library in the Gusu Lan sect, other than demonic cultivation, what else could explain this?

Wei Ying stares back into Lan Zhan's eyes. Not a single hint or sign that he could be joking, not that Lan Zhan ever joked with him, Wei Ying knew this was a serious topic that he needed to talk with to the both of them.

"Lan Zhan....hahahahahaha......hahahahaha....you really got me off-guard." Lan Zhan released his grip on Wei Ying but the latter was still laughing hysterically.

Jiang cheng rolled his eyes, not once, could his adopted brother ever take a situation seriously, especially when it comes to his "death".

After a few more moments of time, the three of them were finally able to sit down properly and discuss the elephant in the room.

"You guys might not believe me when I say this, but.... I met my grandmother."

Wei Ying began his explanation, the looks shared between Jiang Cheng and Lan Zhan were quite expected. Confusion, doubt, even a little concern.

"Let me explain it quickly. Wen Chao did throw me down to the Burial Mounds, but when I gained consciousness again, I was in someone's home. I woke up blind, but well-fed and surprisingly no injuries. Well, more like healed. Bandages were wrapped everywhere. Before I knew it, a woman appeared, and she healed my eyes. I thanked her for her help and she said it wasn't our first time meeting. It was then that she introduced herself as...none other than the mother of my mother, Cangse Sanren, she is...."

"Baoshan Sanren...." Lan Zhan cut Wei Ying off. 

Both Jiang brothers looked at Lan Zhan, but Wei Ying only smiled in satisfaction. 

"Lan Zhan! How did you know! And here I thought I wanted to surprise you~~" Wei Ying pouted and poked Lan Zhan's shoulder. 

Staring down at Wei Ying's waist, Lan Zhan pointed at the jade pendant hanging loosely, tied perfectly at the end of his waist belt, shining ever so glowing.

"In the history books at Gusu, it is said that Baoshan Sanren gifts all her disciples a crafted jade pendant, to identify her disciples and so that others can identify her disciple's master." Lan Zhan's studies had never once failed him and even at this moment, it never failed him. Wei Ying only watched on as he explained, a cheeky grin plastered all over his face.

Jiang Cheng stared at his brother, waiting for any further explanation. When nothing else was said, he walked over to Wei Wuxian, a fist suddenly rubbing heavily against Wei Ying's head.

"Augh! Jiang Cheng! What are you doing?"

"I'm checking if your head was damaged from the fall! That fall must've been so hard, you seemed to have lost your one and only brain cell!" Jiang Cheng kept rubbing Wei Ying's head as if it would revive his dead brain cell.

Lan Zhan, on the other hand, hadn't said anything, yet his mind had spoken a thousand thoughts. 

Wei Ying has a mother, Cangse Sanren, the mother of his mother is Baoshan Sanren. If Baoshan Sanren is his grandma, she has family rights for Wei Ying. Jiang Family is also his family but circumstances have changed. Must meet his grandma.

Cutting his train of thoughts, Wei Ying spoke up.

"Before I left to find you guys, I was given this flute. Apparently it was my grandpa who gifted this to my grandma, saying that this flute is spiritual and will only listen to their master for its entire lifetime. My grandma never had a use for it but she knew of its power and potential. She gave it to me and told me to use it wisely."

Lan Zhan couldn't do much but nod and listen. He falsely accused him of demonic cultivation without any proper evidence but mere speculation. Had he noticed the jade pendant sooner, he probably wouldn't have said such false accusations against Wei Ying.

Wei Ying however, perceived Lan Zhan's blank look as disbelief, having heard many myths that Baoshan Sanren became a wanderer who rarely seeks out from the mountains.

"Lan Zhan! If you don't believe me, I'll take you to see her! I bet she would love to meet you! You as well Jiang Cheng!" Wei Ying was all too excited to see his grandma again, but this time, he'll bring his brother and friend.

"Pft, I've already met her already remember? Oh shit, I just realized, what if she gets mad that I lied about my identity?" Jiang Cheng was hit with the sudden realization of the stunt they pulled.

"OH, THAT! Uhh...uhh don't worry about it! I explained it to her already and she had already forgiven us on it!" Wei Ying had also forgotten his little stunt with Wen Qing and Wen Ning, hopefully, when they meet, they don't talk about it.

Jiang Cheng looked over at his brother questionably, as if he was hiding something. But then again, when hasn't he ever acted like this?