Not Good For Wei Ying's Heart

Previously...

"A-yuan.....How did you know that I was your Papa?"

.

.

.

As soon as those words left his mouth, all the hairs on his body just stood up straight. What was he thinking? Asking a little boy a question like that, what if he ratted him out to Wei Ying?

Meanwhile, A-yuan was looking at his papa in confusion. A three-year-old boy was just asked how he knew his papa was his papa.

"A-yuan, do you not know? How did A-yuan find Papa when we were in Lotus Pier?" Lan Zhan held his breath. Determined to know what the reason is, he threw away all manners of reserve.

Bringing his hand up to his forehead, scratching his scalp, it looked like A-yuan was really struggling to recall how he knew. What was it? How did he know Lan Zhan was his papa?

Further contemplating lead to low squirming noises, Lan Zhan looked at this little boy as if he was about to burst into tears.

"...Did Mama tell you?" Unable to look at A-yuan directly, Lan Zhan tried to calm his mind by looking over at a painting of a scenic mountain hill with a waterfall, hoping the painting will distract him.

Humming a few more seconds, like a strike of lighting, a bolt of memory jogged through A-yuan's little mind.

"Ah! I remember! Papa is Papa because Mama tells A-yuan bedtime stories of all the hero things that Papa does! I wanna be like Papa one day!" The excitement in A-yuan's voice, along with the sparkling shine in his eyes, Lan Zhan finally felt calm and happy, this little boy definitely has his mama's personality.

Before talking any further, Lan Zhan tucked A-yuan into bed, its past 9 pm now, must go to sleep now.

"Papa, goodnight!" A-yuan shut his eyes, ready to rest after such an exhausting day.

"Mn. Goodnight, A-yuan." Lan Zhan is now physically and mentally exhausted. After everything that has happened, he never expected such an outcome as this. If Lan Zhan could accompany Wei Ying and A-yuan for his whole life, what a wonderful life that must be.

Unknownst to both Lan Zhan and A-yuan, Wei Ying was standing just on the opposite side of the door, in his hand, the spare blankets that his granny wanted him to bring to Lan Zhan and A-yuan. After his study lesson with grandmaster Baoshan Sanren, he made sure to deliver the extra blankets. Yiling is quite cold at night. Just as his fingers lifted to knock the door, he heard Lan Zhan talk.

"A-yuan,.....How did you know that I was your Papa?"

Ahhh wait what! Lan Zhan! You can't just ask this so casually! That does no good for my heart!

Wei Ying shamelessly stayed for a little longer and eavesdropped.

"A-yuan! Don't tell Lan Zhan!! Ahh!!" Wei Ying listened as A-yuan told Lan Zhan everything, now here he is, just standing, completely embarrassed now and probably exposed.

Ugh, Lan Zhan probably knows! What if he wants to avoid me from now on! Sighhhh, there goes my chance...

.

.

"Wei Ying? Is that you?" A noise coming out from the end of the hallway. A figure carrying a lantern slowly approaches, the small light revealing Jiang Yanli.

"Shijie, wh-what brings you here?" Wei Ying stuttered as he tries to compose himself from the embarrassment that he was just witnessed in.

Shijie giggled softly,