Of Letters and New Bondings

Dear Lan Zhan,

Are you shocked to see a letter from me? You must have, right?  Hehe, well it might be a bit unplanned here but I meant it back then when I said I would take you to meet my grandmother, Baoshan Sanren. She's really sweet and she doesn't look a day over 30. Before I left to find you guys, I promised that I would return to visit and bring a few friends and family along. Even though you find me intolerable and wouldn't consider me a friend, I think of you as my friend and I really want to take you along to meet her. So, when you finally get to read this letter and decided to come along and meet my grandmother, I will be waiting for you on the docks of Yunmeng at Lotus Pier. The journey will take a few days to get there and I plan to stay there for a week. If you don't want to go, you can just disregard this letter and I won't bother you anymore. 

Hope to see you at Lotus Pier,

Wei Ying

Lan Zhan closes the letter, tucking it safely back into the envelope, rereading it again for the 5th time this early morning. 

The fact that Wei Ying remembered that time and personally wrote a letter to invite him to meet his grandmother, Lan Zhan felt.....happy. But when Wei Ying thought that Lan Zhan didn't like him or considered him as a friend made Lan Zhan sad. 

That's not true Wei Ying, I don't find you intolerable and I do consider you as my......friend.

The blush on his ears felt hot and the restlessness and impatient sensation from his body were slowly starting to show. The constant leg shaking, finger tapping the table, and staring out of the window has been a feeling completely new to Lan Zhan. 

What is this feeling? Why does his chest feel so heavy? Are his palms sweating again? What is Wei Ying doing to him?

Lan Zhan was forced out of his thoughts when a knock at the Jingshi's door suddenly interrupted. 

"Wangji, are you still here? Have you left for Yunmeng yet?" A soft voice so gentle that he knew so easily. 

Lan Zhan walks up to the door, opens to reveal Lan Xichen, a gentle smile and 

"Xiong Zhang, I have finished preparing for the journey." Lan Zhan replied.

"Mhm, that is good. Best to hurry not before it gets too late into the afternoon. Do not worry about our clan, with everything calm now, there should be no trouble." Lan Xi Chen reassured his little brother. It would take a few days to travel from Gusu to Yunmeng so the earlier he sets out, the faster he can get to Yunmeng.

"Mn." Putting all of his stuff into the Qian Kun pouch, the brothers walk together out of Gusu.

Before Lan Zhan begins his journey to Lotus Pier, he turns around and bows his respect to his brother. 

"I shall return within 2 weeks."

"Mhm. Very well, have a safe journey."

After seeing his little brother off at the entrance of the clan, Lan Xichen went back to fulfilling his duties as the clan leader. 

I hope that my brother can return home safely and unharmed. 

This quick little prayer that Lan Xichen does every time his little brother leaves for a mission, it never fails to come true and always reassuring to his mind.

Later in the afternoon at Yunmeng Jiang sect...

"Aaaaaahhh I hope he comes!!" Wei Ying shouts his frustration.