My Little A-yuan

"Wei Ying." A soft tone called out to him.

I wasn't imagining it! It's really him!

Wei Ying ran towards the crowd and realized what's going on in his surroundings. People were all surrounding Lan Zhan and the crying A-yuan, many gossips spurring out about an irresponsible parent. 

They don't even realize who they are badmouthing right now. No time to waste, better to clear out the crowd first! 

"All right! All right! Nothing to see here! Move along!" Clapping his hands a few times, catching the attention of the people. The crowd began to clear out and now Wei Ying can visibly see the relief on Lan Zhan's face.

Looking down at A-Yuan clinging to Lan Zhan's leg, Wei Ying squatted down and revealed his face to his little A-Yuan.

"Boo! Look who it is!" 

Wei Ying made a funny-looking face, catching A-yuan off guard from continuing his crying. Wiping his eyes with his sleeves, A-yuan looks up to see his Mama beaming the brightest smile he has ever seen.

"Mama!"

A-yuan quickly released his grip on Lan Zhan's leg and jumped straight into Wei Ying's arms. Taking in the new information and realization, as expected, A-yuan began crying harder than before and rubbing his teary eyes all over Wei Ying's shoulders.

Picking up his little baby, Wei Ying resolved to just carry him throughout the rest of their trip to town, lest to prevent another accidental kidnapping.

"Ai yooo! My little A-Yuan, where did you go? Did you know how worried I got? I thought a big scary man took my little A-yuan away. Don't scare Mama like that anymore okay?"

Rubbing and stroking A-yuan's back from top to bottom, A-yuan seems to have calmed down a lot more.

"A-yuan *hiccup* was j-j- *hiccup* just follow- *hiccup* following A- A- A- *hiccup* A-Die." A-yuan caught the hiccups in the middle of his crying and made it a little difficult for him to talk.

"A-Die?" Wei Ying points at Lan Zhan, while Lan Zhan just stares at the 'mother-son' interaction.

Looking back at A-yuan, Wei Ying waits for A-yuan to answer but seeing his hiccups interfere with his reply, A-yuan could only nod his head in agreement to his Mama.

"Wei Ying, this child is...?" Lan Zhan turns his attention towards Wei Ying, looking for some sort of explanation for what was happening.

Watching the tensive look on Lan Zhan's face, Wei Ying wanted to catch him off guard and give him the shock of his life.

"Ah! You haven't met him yet because I forgot to mention it in the letter! This child right here...is mine. I birthed him." A cheeky little grin smeared all over Wei Ying's face.

.

.

.

.

At that very moment, Lan Zhan's brain had malfunctioned. Sorry, Lan Zhan.exe has stopped working. Please restart the system.

A-- A-- A-- A CHILD! He birthed a child! How could he have in such a short amount of time! Didn't he die like 6 months ago!? That's still not enough time to birth a child!

Enjoying the shock and the loss of color flush away from Lan Zhan's face, Wei Ying burst into laughter. Clutching A-yuan closer to his body but turning his cute chubby face at Lan Zhan, he adds a little more salt to Lan Zhan's confused wound.