The Fall

3rd POV

"Wei Wuxian! Say goodbye to your pathetic life!" Wen Chao screamed as he kicked him down that deadly mountain that no person could ever survive if ever fallen.

No body, no bones, and especially no spirit.

"AAAAHHHHHHHH" Wei Wuxian screamed for what he thought was his last breath, grabbing on to nothing but the heavy air that wasn't at all easy to breathe.

This is it.....Shijie.....Jiang Cheng...............Uncle Jiang.........Aunt Jiang.......

.....Lan Zhan......

Closing his eyes one last time, watching as Wen Chao and his men fly away on their swords, Wei Ying promised that he would make them pay for what they've done, fierce corpse or not.

Holding off the last Wen guarding the post in Yiling, Lan Zhan wields his Bichen to his neck, having finally got his sword back with Jiang Cheng after 3 months of planning and strategizing.

"Tell me! Where is Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan angrily pointed Bichen at the Wen guard's neck, ready to kill any second.

"H-H-Hanguang Jun! We d-d-didn't want to! Wen Chao forced us! P-p-please let us go!" the Wen guard kowtowed on the ground, begging for his life.

"Answer the question! Where is Wei Wuxian!" Jiang Cheng having lost all patience, waiting for 3 months for the brother he grew up with, having no clue as to where he could've been.

The wen guard didn't dare to look up to make any eye contact, fearing that as soon as they see his eyes, they'll make it the last thing he'll see.

"We....t-t-t-threw him down the B-B-B-Burial Mounds!" the guard screamed, bowing his head so low, he was scraping his forehead with shards of rocks that lay on the ground.

Lan Zhan stared at the guard in shock but soon was overcome with anger and grief. He stared at the guard, waiting for him to say more about his whereabouts but clearly it looks like there was nothing else he knew.

In a fit of rage at the news of the brother, Jiang Cheng grabbed the guard off the ground, pulling him by the collar, ready to murder.

"What did you say!? Threw him down the Burial Mounds!?" Jiang Cheng punched him so hard, the guard had felt a tooth loosen in his lower jaw.

After throwing the guard down to the filthy ground that he is, other Jiang disciples came to take him away, prepared to give any and all the punishments that they deserve.

Feeling as if the air in his lungs had completely vanished, Lan Zhan found it hard to breathe. Heavy chest and a pang of heavier guilt, he wished he should've stayed with Wei Ying after leaving the Xuanwu Cave. Who would've thought that Wen Ruohan had made a sneak attack on YunmengJiang instead of actually attacking Gusu.

Wei Ying.....I'm sorry.....I failed to be by your side.....

Having gotten someone who he can call his only friend after 16 years of being alive, he had failed to protect him, but when he was in times of trouble, Wei Ying would always help him.

Feeling too frustrated at the world, Jiang Cheng used his whip and whipped anything and everything in his clear sight.

Wei Wuxian! You said you would be by my side while I ruled as Sect Leader and you'd be my right-hand man! Jiang Cheng stared up into the sky, silently praying that he'll be fine, that he just got up, dusted his legs, and hoped that he began walking back up to Yunmeng.

Without wasting another second, the Second Jade Twin of Gusu picked up Bichen and Suiban, keeping it close to his side, he looks over at Jiang Cheng and they both nodded, knowing where they must head to next, QingHe Nie sect.