Training and Recognitions

The departure of Lan Zhan and A-yuan has put a damper on Wei Ying's mood. But as his grandmother said, it was for the best as his cultivation required re-training and observation. With his son and lover safely at home, he doesn't need to worry about causing anyone harm. 

As the first ever silver-core cultivator, it is best to understand what their abilities and limits can do, for who knows if evolution will gradually shift from golden cores to silver cores.

"Wei Ying, summon Suibian" Baoshan Sanren points up at the sky, awaiting towards the end of that direction is Suibian, tied tightly to a pole at the very top of the house.

Wei Ying slowly follows up the direction, only to finally realize that his sword has been kidnapped and enforced as a victim of his grandmother's experiments.

"Ah- Suibian, there you are!" Wei Ying laughs at his sword, looking at the awkward situation that his grandma has put it through.

"Wei. Wu. Xian. You stinky little brat! Get me out of this quickly!"  Although Suibian couldn't talk normally nor be heard by everybody (cuz that's just too freaky if swords could just randomly speak), Baoshan Sanren already knew that Suibian was quite irritated.

Finally shifting his mindset to train properly, Wei Ying started to channel his qi, centering the energy around his core and spreading it throughout every meridian in his body, he can sense his sword sitting atop his head, 200 feet above ground. 

"Suibian, can you feel me channeling my qi to you?" Wei Ying connected a channel to his sword, sending some of his qi energy to his sword, in hopes that it can try to free itself.

The sword began to shake itself, trying to free itself from its binds, Wei Ying stood and watched, continuously channeling his silver-core qi. 

Without a single breath of a warning, another sword swiftly glided through the air, aiming towards Wei Ying, a mere few inches away from his neck. 

"Master!"

Feeling like the adrenaline increased by 100 percent, Suibian quickly unsheathed itself and flew towards its master, blocking the sword about to cut through Wei Ying's neck.

Reacting a millisecond too late, Wei Ying grabbed onto Suibian, backed up, distancing himself from the opponent's sword, holding the sword straight against the mysterious attacker. Looking forwards, Wei Ying sees his grandma holding the other end of the sword. 

Seeing her lowering her sword, Wei Ying released his guard, sighing in exhaustion and relief.

"Grandma, you scared me!" Wei Ying also released his strength, lowering the sword. 

"This is how training works Wei Ying, you must be on guard at all times in battle or even when leisure." This was one of the basic survival instincts every cultivator. Especially one that has survived as long as the legendary Baoshan Sanren.

Since the first experiment could have been called a close success, Baoshan Sanren has decided to move on to the second one. Putting Wei Ying to the speed test, Baoshan had asked Wei Ying to search and hunt for as many undead wandering souls in the burial mounds before dinner. If he can bring back more than 100 souls, he would be allowed to visit his Lan Zhan and A-yuan one day ahead of schedule. 

Motivated by this, Wei Ying sprinted off to the burial mounds, Suibian flying off, chasing up to him. 

"Don't worry granny baobao! I'll bring back more than 100 souls, 200!" Wei Ying waved off, not bothering to turn around, running towards the land of the poor souls.