Silver Is Rarer than Gold

Back to the present time

"Popo......I miss mom....." Wei Ying looks up at Baoshan, she was still gently stroking his head, missing the feeling of family.

"She was a great woman, and a great cultivator, I can say so myself, no one else had watched her grow stronger and more beautiful than me," Baoshan responded.

After what felt like a whole night passing over, Wei Ying finally got up to stretch. Being stiff for so long, what seemed like a simple stretch had actually been multiple sounds of bones cracking in his body.

CRK CRK CRK CRK~

"HOLY FUCK! MY BODY!" Wei Ying has never heard these many cracks from stretching, and he's been training his body for over 14 years.

Watching the shock on his face, Baoshan knew it was time to get serious about the situation.

"A-Ying, tell me why you fell thousands of feet from above the sky."

".....THAT'S RIGHT! I was captured by Wen Chao and his henchmen, he wanted to kill me and thought that the best place was in the Burial Mounds."

Nodding her head, she finally understood the situation.

"You were very lucky, no person dares to come to Burial Mounds, yet they have not wondered where the mysterious Baoshan Sanren has ever hidden to."

"Hehe, they will soon meet their miserable defeat. Now that my body has healed completely, I will make it sure that they will."

Having heard of this revenge, Baoshan had a fun little plan in mind. It was her moral standing to never be involved with the cultivation world, but when her own flesh and blood was put in a state of near-death, you can bet that their sorry asses won't see the next rise of the sun any time soon.

"A-Ying, when I examined you, I saw that you didn't have your golden core. What happened?"

As if suddenly have been hit with the sad memories, he smiles sadly.

"My adopted brother, he was hit by that wretched core-melting hand. He was trying to get revenge for his parents, but we didn't expect that his core would be melted. He's meant to be the next clan leader of YunMeng Jiang clan, I couldn't bear to see him like that, so I made the choice....of giving my core to him."

Nodding her head again, she once more understood the situation. Wei Ying had definitely inherited his mother's heroic syndrome. Having never once been able to stand injustice, no matter the sacrifice she had paid.

"But wait, I can feel that my golden core has returned here again, but it isn't golden. I can see it that it's silver-like, why is that?" Wei Ying needed to understand why it seemed like he got his golden core back, worried if it left Jiang Cheng's body, but when he felt it, it seemed to be in perfect condition, maybe even stronger.

Smiling again at one of her best accomplishments, Baoshan pointed to the bathtub that Wei Ying had been soaking in when she was healing him.

"When you were on the brink of death, I put you in that tub, soaking you in what I had spent 50 years of creating, cultivating, and mastering. I call it, "The Lotus Elixir".

Staring at the regular bathtub, nothing was in there but just imagining the unconscious body of his sitting in there for who knows how long, with some sort of strange thing, it was able to heal him so quickly AND give him his golden core back, like it's just something you don't hear about, as its just make-believe.

"You truly live up to your reputation Popo," Wei Ying smiled at her.

Returning the smile back at him,

"The lotus elixir was created for the purpose of the ultimate cleansing and improving your cultivation. To remove and clear all the impurities in all your meridians as well as strengthen your physical and immortal body. However, I guess the elixir was so powerful that it was able to force your immortal essence from cultivating your body to form a new core. A silver one at that." Baoshan explained.

Nodding his head, Wei Ying seemed to have accepted this explanation. Rather thinking about how he got it back, more like what is it that he got back.

"What is a silver core?"

"People may think that gold is more valuable than silver but really, silver is rarer to find. Just like our golden core, when you've cultivated longer and kept in the purest form, there's a possibility that your golden core can EVOLVE into a silver one. It is more powerful than the golden core, essentially turning your physical form into the purest immortal form."

Listening carefully to what Baoshan said, it took him a little longer to understand what she just said.

"WAIT DID YOU SAY? IMMORTAL?? I'VE BECOME IMMORTAL!?" Wei Ying finally processed this shock.

From the look on his grandma's smiling face, he knew that everything she said was true.

I've become immortal....I actually reached the ultimate goal of cultivation.

"A-Ying, you are now the second person in this world who has attained the silver core. The cultivation that you've learned is not going to be the same as the cultivation you must learn for your silver core. If you want to maintain a balance in your new core, you must learn what I have spent decades practicing. Are you willing?"