Arrival to Yiling Mountain

Arrival at Burial Mounds within Yiling Mountains

"No one had ever thought, the infamous Baoshan Sanren had actually disappeared years ago, only to be hiding within the forbidden grounds of the Burial Mound." Jiang Cheng was the first one to speak up upon their arrival.

"She's not hiding in the Burial Mounds, it's residing. There is a difference." Wei Ying retorted.

"I hope that the habitat of this place isn't affecting her poorly, this area is typically not appropriate for residency." Jiang Yanli piped in, her looks of curiosity showing signs of worry.

"Ah don't worry Shijie! She's lived here for so long but she seems at peace, I'm sure that she has no problems." Wei Ying consoled his elder sister.

Following from behind Wei Ying, they walk deeper and deeper into the Burial Mounds. The air feels heavier and the residing aura slowly unmasks to feel malicious.

"Wei WuXian! Where are you taking us? The dead bodies around here seem to be laughing at us like we're lost!" Jiang cheng grew more and more impatient. The longer he stays surrounded by the malicious spirit, the more he feels of his energy and spirit draining from his body.

Lan Zhan knew that by entering the Burial Mounds, the aura of the place will start to feel like strangulation. Only by building a protective force of aura around one's body, will they not be affected by the malicious energy.

"A-Die, why is Grumpy Uncle mad at Mama?"

A child by the height of the knee, clutching onto Lan Zhan's robe, looking up in curiosity for what he is seeing.

"Your A-Niang didn't tell your Jiùjiu (mother's younger brother) that he needs to set a protection aura to protect one's soul, or else it will make you uncomfortable." Lan Zhan looked down, eyes meeting, and answered it poised and proper.

"Ohhhh"

Upon hearing Lan Zhan's response to A-yuan's question, a slight chuckle could be heard from Wei Ying. Meanwhile, Jiang Cheng immediately put the aura protection around himself, his body now free of the malicious spirit.

What's that you hear? A lightning crackle? Is that Zidian? Ah no no no no, that can't be. 

A chill runs through the back of Wei Ying's back as he slowly turns around to a more than usually annoyed Jiang Cheng glaring at Wei Ying.

Wei Ying puts both arms up in defense,

"Wait wait wait wait! I thought you already knew by now that you had to put an aura protection layer. Even Shijie did it herself and I didn't have to tell her."

"Wei Wuxian! If you knew I was the only one without an aura protection layer, you could've just told me! Do you really want me to beat you up until you can't even walk?"

The anger infuriating through Zidian shows as purple lightning streaks pass through the whip. No one can save Wei Wuxian of his younger brother's anger.

.

.

.

"We're here!" cried Wei Wuxian, the front entrance of a hidden home gate appearing within his visual sight. Everyone looked over at where he was pointing but also noticed the sight of Wei Ying currently still massaging his lower back. (I wonder why must he massage there?)

The house seemed to haven't changed so much, the exterior is just like any cozy home, except the crazy red sky and threatening spirits lurking around that wish to prey upon innocent souls.

It seemed like everyone was thinking the same, as soon as Wei Ying announced their arrival at the home, they rushed further in to greet the infamous master, Baoshan Sanren.

"Slow down! We don't have to hurry! She's been expecting us anyways." Wei Ying tried to calm down their nerves but upon walking into the house, they were greeted by silence.

"Waipo! Are you here?" Wei Ying shouted.

Studying the interior design of the room, one who has mastered the cultivation arts can tell apart from those who aren't. The room was full of books and scrolls. Many titled on the arts of cleansing one's soul and the taming the beasts of the legends. Some are even self handwritten books that no one else has ever seen before.

Lan Zhan walked further around the house, slowly walking closer and closer to the study room of Baoshan Sanren.

Knock one, Knock Twice

"Senior Baoshan, are you there?"

No response.

"I will enter the room then."

No response.

The door was unlocked and easily slid open to the side. Opening the sliding door, Lan Zhan was greeted with a note placed perfectly in the center on the surface of the desk in the study room.

"Dear Sir Lan Wangji,

I am sorry that I could not be present to greet you at the door as I have currently hid somewhere in my house. In order for me to come out and properly reveal myself, you must win the game I have set up for you. It is not well known but I, myself, is a very indulgent person when it comes to fooling around and playing tricks on my disciples and family members. Wei Ying has informed me of your arrival together to meet me, and if my calculations and star alignment reading is correct, then I will guess that you [are/will be] his partner. With every new person who wishes to join into my family, I must make sure that that person is suitable for my descendent. Here is what we will do, I will give you a direction to follow and you must follow it. If you do not, then you will lose. Let's play.

Direction: You must choose to answer the next following question by choosing the second option.

Question: In order for you to obtain the book of reaching immortality, you must forever leave Wei Ying's side and never to be in his life again. Will you do it or not? Please explain.

Option One: No, I love him too much to let him go.

Option Two: Yes, I am willing to sacrifice my love for Wei Ying to become an immortal being.

Now, Lan Zhan, how will you choose?"

Hello my lovely readers! As you may have noticed, I have changed my upload date to Tuesdays instead of Sunday. It might already be Wednesday for some of you but I live in HST: Hawaii Standard Time. But anyways, thank you for your lovely comments and I'm glad that you are still enjoying the story. Summer break has been alright so far but it seems like 2020 is just not the year for anyone. So stay safe and take good care of your health. I'll see you guys again next week!