A Typical Day in Lotus Pier

It is said that it takes 4-5 days to get to Yunmeng from Gusu....

.

.

.

So can someone ask Lan Zhan how he was able to make it in 2 days?

He didn't plan on rushing over, there was no danger anymore and peace was just restored, but for Lan Zhan, his legs seemed to move on their own and before he knew it, he arrived in Lotus Pier town 2 days ahead of schedule. What can he do now? Wei Ying wasn't expecting him yet so the only thing he can do is find an inn and stay there until it was time to meet at the pier.

On his way to an inn, Lan Zhan was already imagining a thousand ways Wei Ying could react to seeing him waiting at Lotus Pier.

"Ah~ Lan Zhan you're here! Let's go!"

"Oh... you actually came...I guess we can go together..."

"Actually Lan Zhan, I have to go back on my word and revoke your invitation, I'm sorry."

"Lan Zhan, you're so perfect....let's tell my grandmother that we're going to marry each other!"

That last imagination brought a huge blush to his cheeks and the tips of his ears became flushed red. However, his thoughts were soon forced out of focus when he realized that a child has been tugging on his robe and following him.

How long has this child been following me? Must find his parents, they must be worried.

"A-die (father), why did we stop?" The lost child looks up at Lan Zhan, the softest eyes Lan Zhan has ever seen.

Without trying to startle the child, Lan Zhan tries to think of a way to find his parents.

"Where is your A-Niang (mother)?"

As if the child just realized that his mother isn't around him either, the child's eyes begin to fill with tears and a frown appears on his face.

"Ma....ma......mama?? Aaahhh" The child begins to cry and hugs Lan Zhan's left leg so tightly.

A crowd begins to form around Lan Zhan and the crying child.

Poor child, is he being neglected by his father?

What is wrong with the child's father, why isn't he consoling his child?

"Sir, is this your first time being a father? It's alright, I was just like you, you just have to console him." A villager began asking Lan Zhan.

"Ah..no..he's not..... my son." Lan Zhan began to explain.

"A-die!! A-die!!!" The child began to scream out and rub his teary face all over Lan Zhan's robes.

"He definitely is your son, look at his nose, it looks just like yours." Another villager responds.

While this predicament is happening, Wei Ying runs around frantically while looking for A-Yuan.

I looked away for one minute to buy some potatoes, how could he have disappeared so quickly! Shijie is gonna kill me!

Amongst his search for his A-yuan, Wei Ying notices a large crowd circling around someone and a crying child.

"A-die! I want Mama!" Wei Ying can hear the child's cry, and just like that, all maternal instincts told him that that child was his A-yuan. Who in the world could so boldly try to kidnap the Yiling Patriarch's child?

Upon walking towards the crowd, Wei Ying could see the man from within the crowd. Taller than most average heights, Wei Ying wasn't expecting him to come for another 2 days.

Lan Zhan kidnapped my child? What did A-yuan call him? A-die?

Calling out his friend, Wei Ying became the savior of Lan Zhan's current turmoil.

"Lan Zhan!"

Hello my lovely readers! Sorry for the short and late update. This week is my final exam week. I had two exams today so I was busy studying yesterday and was unable to update as scheduled. Today is a short one as well as I still have one more exam to study for and the next update will go back to usual. Thank you all for your votes, comments, and patience!