What Happens Next

Meng Yao was deemed the hero as he was the one to kill Wen Ruohan, and with the help of his two sworn-brothers, Nie Mingjue and Lan Xichen, he was able to gain recognition from his father and become a rightful clansmen of LanLing Jin sect, renamed as Jin GuangYao and given the title, Lianfang-Jun. Lan Xichen was given the title of 'Zewu-Jun' and Nie Mingjue was given the title of Chifeng-Zun. Due to the famous popularity of the three sworn brothers, they have been rightfully called the Venerated Triad.

Jiang Cheng was announced as the new leader of Yunmeng Jiang sect and given the title of Sandu Shengshou, and Jiang Yanli was able to reunite with both of her brothers. The three siblings now have each other to depend on and nothing was going to change that for them.

For Wei Wuxian, his resurrection after seemingly being proclaimed dead had given quite a scare for the people and his reputation. His 'death' had occurred in Yiling and with his resurface with newfound power, he was given the title as 'Yiling Laozu' (Yiling Patriarch).

Lan Wang Ji had been a pillar for the clansmen, no matter how bad his situation was, he continued fighting for justice and didn't stop to help those who were in need, thus giving him the title of Hanguang Jun.

GusuLan sect was able to recover, thanks to the twin Jades of Gusu. After Lan Xichen returned from hiding and took his place as clan leader of Gusu again, with the help from his uncle, Gusu Clan had rebuilt the destruction of their home and mourned for those that they lost, especially Gusu clan's former leader and father of Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji, Qingheng-Jun.

Due to the mishap with Wei Ying and Jiang Yanli at Cloud Recesses, Su She was punished for breaking several rules. 

1. He did not inform substitute clan leader Lan Qiren of the visit from Wei Ying and Jiang Yanli.

2. Instead of fighting the Wens when Gusu was attacked, he hid behind doors and fended for himself only.

3. Inappropriate misuse of his title, caught trying to order clansmen around to do his own work. 

4. Ratted out to Wen Xu where the other Gusu clansmen were hiding, inevitably causing Qingheng-Jun's torture and death to many of the clansmen. 

Because of all this, Su She was forced out of Gusu Lan Clan after he was punished with 30 discipline whips. 

It took a while for everything to settle down again, as promised to Wen Qing and Wen Ning, the sunshot campaign had released the innocent Wens, all elderly people, fragile women and men, and young children who were affected horribly during the campaign was given the remaining farmlands of Qishan Wen sect to live in peace. The only rule that they all must obey is that not a single Wen was allowed to leave the land unless given permission by any of the following sects' leader: Yunmeng Jiang, Gusu Lan, Qinghe Nie, and Lan Ling Jin. Wei Wuxian had stayed there for a few days to help the Wens get settled in, farming, cropping, home-building, all the work that most of them were unable to do.

While Wei Ying stayed at the Qishan farmlands, he became overly attached to a little boy who lost his parents during the sunshot campaign. Wen Yuan had no more parents and his grandmother was too sick to take care of him. Wen Qing and Wen Ning wanted to take care of their cousin's kid but never had the time, due to the whole transition and running the farmland/pharmacy. So the only person who began taking care of him was Wei Ying. A-Yuan began seeing him as his mother, no matter what, he would not let Wei Ying go. Wherever he went, A-yuan would follow. Eventually, Wei Ying had been summoned to return back to Yunmeng, Jiang Cheng was getting antsy again without seeing his brother. A-Yuan was begging at the border of the exit, wanting to go with his Wei gege. Not able to resist his little puppy-dog eyes, Wei Ying leaves with A-yuan, a promise to come back very soon.

At Lotus Pier

"A-Xian, where have you been during those months you were missing? Did you know how worried we were for you?" YanLi placed a bowl of lotus pork-rib soup down, letting the hot steam release and cool within the air.

"Yeah idiot, you made my sister worry all night for you for months and you still haven't explained it properly." Jiang Cheng whacked the side of Wei Ying's arm that wasn't holding A-yuan.

"Hey! Didn't I already explain it to you months ago? I said that my grandma, Baoshan Sanren, was able to save me when Wen Chao threw me down the Burial Mounds." Wei Ying responded while picking up the gracious bowl of soup his dear shijie had made, scooping a spoonful. A-Yuan ever so preciously, opens his mouth, waiting for Wei Ying to feed him some.

"Wei! Didn't you say you'll take us to meet her? I've been waiting for so long!" Jiang Cheng picked up a bowl of lotus and pork-rib soup for himself as well, not wanting to miss out on the delicacy of his sister's cooking.

Before Wei Ying could explain any further, Yanli picked up A-yuan from Wei Ying's lap and placed him onto her own lap, feeding him a separate bowl of lotus and pork rib soup. Happy to eat more, A-yuan happily ate many spoonfuls as Yanli fed him, a delighted smile on Yanli's face.

"I'll take you guys! Don't worry, I haven't seen her in so long, she's probably worried about me too. I just need to ask one more person when he's able to meet her." Wei Ying feeds another spoonful to A-yuan, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

Both siblings look at Wei Ying in utter confusion, A-yuan shifting his attention from the bowl of lotus soup to Wei Ying, and all of them wondering, who's the third person that he's talking about?