Suibian Meets Its Master Once Again

Catching Wei Ying up with the Sunshot Campaign plan, he was to join Jiang Chen and Lan Wangji. Head over to Yiling and take control of the Wen's camp, recuperate, then take back Lotus Pier.

The thought of taking back their home, Wei Ying's blood boiled in excitement. They may have taken the Lotus Sect by surprise but they will return the gesture, back by tenfold.

"This might sound offensive Wei-Xiong, but I dare to ask, how did you survive the fall in Burial Mounds?" Nie Mingjue asked.

Smiling to himself, he knew this question was inevitable to avoid, but remembering his dear grandma waiting for his return after this war, he was excited.

"This question.....I think is best to answer when all of us have gathered. Don't think I am avoiding this question, Nie-XiongGe, but it's for the best." Wei Ying responded.

"I wonder how that cold-face of Lan Zhan will change once he knows about my new core," Wei Ying thought to himself, smiling like an idiot in front of Nie Mingjue.

After finally settling everything down, Wei Ying set off for Yiling. On his way there, what better time to be alone than to use it to cultivate with his new core. He still needed to figure out how this new silver core would work.

Let's see, I can already fly without my sword, what else could I possibly do? If only I had my suibian.....

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Back with Jiang Cheng and Lan Zhan, after traveling the whole day, it was best to take a rest and camp by the river. Water and firewood were set around, all but the dead silence in the night could be heard. Cicadas could be heard screaming in the nearby forest, the quiet but slow drifting river, and two young men resting for the night, preparing for soon of what's to come.

As though the peace can never be sustained for a while, Lan Zhan felt something moving. Laying next to his Bichen, that brown sheathed sword, Suibian, began shaking as if it wanted to say something. Staring at it in disbelief, Lan Zhan was just about to wake Jiang Cheng when all of a sudden, the sword just flew off on its own.

Wei Ying's sword! Where is it going? It wouldn't respond to anyone at all other than its' master unless...

Not wanting to give himself too much hope, he can only stay back and guard their temporary camp set up. Jiang cheng has fallen dead asleep, if he were to leave now, Jiang cheng and the rest of their team would be at a disadvantage if there could possibly be any wens around.

Suibian having finally heard the calling of his master after so long, couldn't wait for his master to find him. It'll just go to his master instead.

Flying for just 5 minutes, Suibian was able to spot his master laying on top of a branch on the tree. Excited to see his master again, Suibian did not hesitate to fly directly to Wei Ying. 

The presence of a sword flying towards Wei Ying, adrenaline kicked in and his reflexes saved him just in time, catching the familiar sword that he hadn't seen for so long. 

Huh!? Suibian! How did you find me? Where did you come from?

Although Wei Ying never spoke it out loud directly, it seemed his sword understood what he was asking, soon Suibian began waving around itself trying to explain what happened.

Hmph! I should be asking you! I was given away and stored away for three months before I was rescued by Jiang-gongzi and Lan Er-gongzi! Where have you been! Luckily you called out for me that I was able to sense you and find you!

Wei Ying understood completely what his sword was saying but for the first time, he could actually communicate with the spirit of his sword.

"You can understand me? Master, it must mean you!!!"

Every sword spirit is well-knowledge, to be able to connect with the user is just the first stage of wielding the sword, to communicate with the sword is a whole nother level that has never been done for in such a long time.

Aiya, it's a long story, but all you need to know is that I have a new core, can you feel it?

As if on cue, Suibian finally realized that this dumb-thick-headed master of his has actually attained the next level of cultivation. Silver-core masters are never heard of but it doesn't mean that they don't exist. Well-known masters in the past have only ever been able to cultivate a golden core, but never had they been able to cultivate to silver-core.

Congratulations master! You have become a silver-core cultivator!

The thought of hearing his sword happy to see him again, he couldn't help but think back to the Burial Mounds. That day, he really thought that he would never see this sword again, the very sword that Uncle Jiang had gifted him. 

Millions of thoughts ran through his brain, but at the very moment, he needed answers. 

Thank you Suibian, but first, can you explain to me more about what a silver-core cultivator is and why it's different than a normal gold-core cultivator?