An Obstacle Worth Passing

Unknown to Lan Zhan, the rest of the group had each received their own note from Baoshan Sanren.

Jiang Cheng received a note saying that Baoshan Sanren is appreciative of the care that he and his family have taken to care for her little rat of a grandson. Jiang Yanli had received the same note as well. A-yuan has not yet learned how to read yet so his note was just a hand-drawn picture of a butterfly.

On the other hand, Wei Ying's note was written as simple and straightforward.

"Hello grandson,

I'm hiding somewhere in the house. Only Lan Wangji has received the clue to find me, in the meantime, why don't you go set up dinner with your brother, sister, and son?

Love,

Granny BaoBao

P.S.

DON'T SPOIL THE GAME"

Wei Ying was confused at first, what game? Why did only Lan Zhan have to play it?

Oh wells, perhaps Granny BaoBao can finally have a taste of Shijie's lotus and pork rib soup.

Leaving Lan Zhan behind to play the game, the Jiang siblings, A-yuan, and Wei Ying did as promised and began to prepare for dinner.

In the kitchen, it was decided that Jiang Yanli was on soup and the main dish duty, Wei Ying was on side dishes duty, and Jiang Cheng was on rice duty (you can't mess up on rice.... right?)

Back in the study room, Lan Zhan reread the note several times.

"If the only direction is to choose the second option, then I shall do just that."

.

.

.

.

After two hours, dinner was all set up. The Jiang siblings, A-yuan, and Wei Ying were all sat around the table. Hearing the mumbled talking noise, everyone turned their heads over to the stairs as Lan Zhan was walking down together with a woman in her late 30s.

"Lan Zhan! You found her! Good job! Come! We've made dinner."

Looking around the dining room table, Lan Zhan can see all the preparation that they have done whilst he was occupied with Baoshan Sanren.

Speaking of Baoshan Sanren, she was laughing so heartedly, Wei Ying was smiling,

Looks like someone was able to beat her game.

"Mn. The game was interesting, never played a game like that before. Granny Baobao's deserved reputation definitely fits her well."

Nodding her head, Baoshan Sanren agrees with his word. Since her last prank with her son-in-law, she was finally tricked by her own game. Her grandson has definitely found a wonderful grandson-in-law.

Two hours ago

"If the only direction is to choose the second option, then I shall do just that."

Grabbing the a pair of scissors, he began to cut both of the first and second options from the note. Then he proceeds to grab the tape that was placed next to the scissors and taped the first option into the second label and the second option into the first label.

Using the pen placed on the desk next to the found note, he circled the second option that now says,

"Second option: No, I love him too much to let him go."

After choosing his answer, Lan Zhan was expecting something to happen. Waiting for a whole minute, nothing still happened. Trying to observe the note once more, he held the note up in the air and the reflection of the gleaming skylight has made the note transparent. Through this movement, Lan Zhan could see that there were more writings on the back of the note.

"So you've actually used your brain and figured a way to answer the question truthfully while following my direction. Congratulations, you've passed my test. I am currently hiding in the bathroom bathtub."

A few minutes later, as said in the note, Lan Zhan found Baoshan Sanren resting comfortably in the dry bathroom tub while she was reading one of her books.

"Oh! You did it! Looks like you're not dumb after all. Tell me, how did you do it?"

After explaining his solution with the scissors and tape, Baoshan Sanren laughed with such joy.

"Amazing! You actually followed my direction AND answered it with the explanation of your choice."

Baoshan Sanren closed her book and sat up from the bath. Stepping out and walking towards Lan Zhan, she pats his shoulder and nods her head in approval.

"Mhm. You've passed my test."

Lan Zhan looks at her with slight curiosity,

"Thank you. I have enjoyed this game as this had been seen as a difficult challenge."

"Well, as long as Wei Ying sees you as his potential partner, it is my job as his grandma to make sure that you are proven worthy of my grandson."

Understanding her meaning Lan Zhan quickly turns his head away and the color of his ears began showing a tint of red. Winking at the embarrassed Lan Zhan, Baoshan Sanren further pushes her teasing,

"I may not know how you two are when together, but as an old woman, I know what it's like to be in love with each other."