Words Due To Be Told

"Wei Wuxian. I.....give up. I swear to god, I always seem shocked in every chapter that at this point, nothing surprises me anymore." Jiang Cheng stood up from his seat, his face seemed slightly disappointed.

"Aye! I always call it the element of surprise, that's the whole point! A surprise!" Wei Ying tried to defend himself.

Looking around the room to see how the others react, the first one to respond was Lan Zhan.

"Wei Ying, what do you mean? You can talk to Suibian?"

"Mn! Ever since I was rescued from the fall in Burial Mounds, I heard Suibian calling out for me, until I was able to find him." Wei Wuxian responded.

"Hm! Who found who! I was the one who found you!" Suibian shook for a bit as it was responding to his idiot master's false claim.

Everyone saw how the sword has shaken on its own without Wei Ying even touching it.

"A-Xian....did Suibian just respond to you?" Jiang Yanli stared at the sword that was once been gifted by her father, never have thought that one day, it could communicate with its wielding master.

"Yes, it did! And it's acting just like Jiang Cheng! Always whining and not funny at all." Wei Ying smirked as he picked his sword up and started lightly poking at it.

"Wei Wuxian, you-!" Jiang Cheng was interrupted as Baoshan Sanren raised a hand to stop their little argument.

"This is due to the effects of the silver core. When Wei Ying had fallen from the Burial Mounds, I found him lifeless and at the brink of death. I had used the lotus elixir that I had been cultivating and researching on. For many years, cultivators have always sought for a way to become immortal, training their bodies and spirit to become strong, healthy, and everlasting. However, no one has yet to reach that potential, until this elixir was created." Baoshan Sanren had explained. Wei Ying nodded along, agreeing with everything that Baoshan Sanren has said so far,

"When I had taken the elixir, I noticed a change with my mortal body. It seemed to heal in an instant whenever I got hurt and felt lighter, my cultivation seemed to have heightened extremely, and my golden core.....had appeared silver." She continued with her explanation.

Everyone was astonished, their thoughts weren't processing quickly, and it appears that Jiang Cheng is currently hyperventilating.

"So, you're saying that Wei Wuxian has achieved...."Jiang Cheng had to process what Baoshan Sanren had just explained, unable to speak quickly.

"Immortality, yes, you have achieved immortality." Baoshan Sanren helped finish his sentence.

"But- how- wait- do-!" Jiang Cheng was in complete shock! Everyone turned their heads toward Wei Ying, his face showing a sign of understanding and acceptance of what he had been told several months ago. (Refer to chapter Silver is Rarer Than Gold)

For a moment of silence, it seems like everybody finally processed what Baoshan had just said.

The first person to regain her composure was Shijie, she clapped her hands together and walked towards her didi.

"Congratulations A-Xian! You have become an immortal now!" Jiang Yanli was happy for her didi. Watching years of his hard training and seeing him become successful from the harshness of his past, she's happy to see her A-Xian grow up nice and well.

"Thanks to all the care that you and Uncle Jiang...." Wei Ying had a calm reaction, though with one closer look, anyone could tell that he looked regretful.

"Wei Wuxian! You've achieved immortality, what are you looking so ugly for? My parents have taken you in for so many years and considered you as our kin. If they were here to see what you've become, but look so ugly like that, they will come haunt you in your dreams." Jiang Cheng was glaring at his brother, not a day goes by that he knows that Wei Wuxian feels guilty for all that happened to Lotus Pier.

"All that has happened has passed, we can either sulk about the past or move on and make the future better." Jiang Cheng crossed his arms, mumbling to the side.

Everyone stared back and forth between Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian, ah these two brothers, no matter how much they bicker, they will always be brothers who will have each other's back.

Having been awaken from his little sulking moment, Wei Ying grinned and wrapped an arm around his didi's shoulder,

"Jiang Cheng! Were you trying to comfort me just now? You were, weren't you?"

With an additional eye roll, Jiang Cheng turned to look at his shidi,

"What do you think? Would you rather I insult you about your shamelessness?".

Chuckling at her two didi's, Jiang Yanli shook her head in joy as she watched A-xian and A-Cheng bicker like usual.

Meanwhile, on the side, Lan Zhan watches in admiration for Wei Ying, never has someone been so righteous, respectable, and warm-loving as the man in front of him. Within meeting this man for a year and a half, no one has ever made Lan Zhan feel such close affections towards them. Ever since the day he found out that Wei Ying was thrown down to Burial Mounds, he has never felt so aggrieved and regretted all the things we was unable to do. Thanks to the blessing from the heavens, they allowed Wei Ying to return, he was able to once again see that smile that can ease all worries.

"Papa, what is Mama, Grumpy uncle, and Aunty Yanli so happy about?" A-yuan was tugging at the hem of Lan Zhan's robe, curious at all the happy noises that could be heard in Yiling.

"They're happy because Mama has become an immortal." Lan Zhan responded with a small tug upwards at his lips.

"What's an imowtal, can I eat it?" A-yuan, a small child indeed, scratched the side of his head in confusion.

"It is pronounced as Immortal, It can't be eaten, it is something that can live for a long time." Lan Zhan rubbed the side of A-yuan's head, smoothing down the little mess of his hair.

"Ohhhhh, I understand now." A-yuan nodded his head, such innocence at one's youth is too precious.

"Mama! If you are immortal, does that mean you can play with me forever?" A-yuan released his grip on Lan Zhan, taking small strides as he ran towards Wei Ying.

Squatting down, Wei Ying pinches the lower bridge of A-yuan's nose,

"Of course I will! Who else will I play sword fight with?"

A-yuan giggles at his mama and wraps his arm around Wei Ying's leg.