forty-seven: dirty

DIRTY

Heavy music was booming throughout the Room of Requirement when Lucia and Tom returned from the corridors.

"Tom! Lucia!" A slightly slurred voice attempted to call over the music, but only bits and pieces broke through the sound, "Where did you two nick off to? You weren't shagging were you?"

Lysander had a delirious smile on his face, and was giggling to himself as he wrapped his arms around Lucia's neck. The Hufflepuff girl he'd brought trailed behind him looking much less intoxicated than her date.

When Lysander was finished hugging Lucia, he wrapped his arms around Tom.

Tom's whole body visibly tensed, but he brought his hand to pat Lysander on the back awkwardly, sending a look to Lucia that made her laugh.

"Lysander, honey." The Hufflepuff girl laughed lightly, grabbing Lysander's arm from around Tom's neck seeing as it had been much longer than usually socially acceptable. She pulled him off with significant effort, and he hooked his arm around her shoulders.

"He's absolutely fucked, who let him drink that much?" Lucia asked through laughter, lacing her fingers with Tom's.

"Yeah.... that would be me." The Hufflepuff girl laughed, running her hand through Lysander's messy hair, "I'm Sophia, by the way."

"I'm Lucia, and this is Tom." Lucia responded to be polite, even though Lysander had yelled their names at the top of his lungs in greeting already.

"Ah yes, I know." Sophia smiled awkwardly, and Lucia sensed she'd probably heard some not so kind things about her before, "We were just about to go sit down, do you guys want to come?"

Lucia smiled, having slightly expected Sophia to want to get away from her, "Sure! I'll bring bring a couple of bottles over."

A set of black couches were arranged at the side of the room, a dark oak table in the middle of them littered with empty bottles, cans and cups. Sophia lowered Lysander down on the couch, but of course he pulled her down with him so she sat beside him with her legs swung over his lap. The shy girl looked over at the others with a flustered expression, obviously embarrassed at the public display of affection.

Lucia and Tom sat on the couch opposite, and Lucia put the bottles she'd grabbed from the drinks table in the centre of the table, but kept one to sip as she leant back into the cushiony couch. Her wings and halo from her costume were discarded on the side of the couch in a pile, leaving her just in the small white dress.

"So how did you two meet?" Lucia asked Sophia, pulling her attention from Lysander who was fiddling with the scales of her mermaid costume.

"We have class together, and he asked me to study in the library a couple of times." Sophia blushed, "We're not dating or anything though." She added hurriedly.

Lucia smiled and quirked her eyebrows at the girl, who blushed even more. Lucia chuckled and took a large swig from the bottle of vodka resting in her lap.

The more she drank, the less it tasted like acetone and the more it tasted like the solution to everything.

After a couple of minutes of Lysander drunkenly mumbling in Sophia's ear and Lucia taking relentless sips from the bottle in her hand, Lorcan slid down onto the third couch in the arrangement rather awkwardly.

"Hi everyone." He spoke stiffly, his eyes avoiding Lucia and Tom with a large amount of force. His ears were lightly pink at the tips from being flustered, and his costume was slightly askew.

"My darling brother!" Lysander exclaimed, lurching himself over to bring him into an embrace that Lorcan seemed rather uncomfortable with, "Haven't been up to mischief, have you?"