twenty-five: ecstasy

ECSTASY

The weekend before Lucia would board the Hogwarts Express for her seventh year had finally come. She hadn't been particularly looking forward to it, instead relishing in the bubble that was Tom and her life in the hotel.

In one last effort to show him the pleasures of a mortal life, he had agreed for her to take him out.

Clubbing with muggles had always been something Lucia fell back on, with no better feeling than drowning her concerns with intoxication, music and the touch of a stranger. It was oddly comforting, a place where there were no restrictions or expectations placed on her. She wanted nothing more this night than to forget the complications that came with sobriety.

She slipped on a lavender coloured silky two-piece set, smaller than many of the outfits that she knew Tom already saw as risqué. The humidity that came with close proximity with other bodies and the elation of substances meant it was rather necessary.

Lucia stood at the bathroom mirror with music playing from a speaker on the sink, sipping her gin and tonic and applying holographic glitter to her eyes and collarbones after finishing the rest of her makeup.

Tom walked in, holding his glass of tequila and wearing a black button up shirt rolled up at the sleeves and unbuttoned slightly at neck, paired with black jeans fastened with a leather belt. He stood behind her, eyeing her appearance in the mirror with dark and slightly intoxicated eyes.

"I know I agreed to go out, but you're making me want to stay back in the hotel room instead." He whispered in her ear, running his hand down her waist with his eyes fixed on her reflection. He leant down to place a slow, warm kiss on her neck, making a shudder run down Lucia's spine, but she regained her composure to push him off.

"You're not getting out of this." She scolded, "Hands to yourself."

He huffed and took a large sip from his glass, then swirled the ice around the glass. "Are you almost ready to leave then?" He sighed.

"I am actually, just let me quickly do an extension charm on this skirt so I don't have to bring a bag." Lucia explained, putting down the glitter and turning to Tom. She chuckled lightly and reached up to wipe of a piece of glitter that had found its way to his bottom lip. He stared at her intently as she did so, and looked rather disappointed when she drew back to cast the charm on the pocket of her skirt.

After slipping many items, including her wand, into her pocket, she took a final gulp from the bottle of tequila on the table and headed toward the door.

"Coming?" She said enthusiastically behind her, holding open the door for Tom to walk out.

After apparating to an alleyway beside the club that Lucia insisted they go to, they walked onto the street to join the muggles already in line.

Music came muffled through the walls of the venue. Tom brushed his hand through his hair, leaning against the wall as they stood in line and fixing his eyes on Lucia.

She caught his eyes and chuckled lightly, returning her gaze to the front of the line, which began to move as a large group were let in. She intertwined her fingers in Tom's to pull him along to close the gap. When she went to let go, he grasped tighter to prevent her fingers from slipping away and began rubbing circles over the back of her hand with his thumb. She shook her head with humour, but allowed their hands to stay linked as they waited.

When they reached the front of the line, they both showed their charmed IDs and entered the gloomy club. Sweaty bodies were moving against each other to the beat of the resonant music that boomed through the speakers, and strobe lights served as the only illumination.