eleven: confrontation

CONFRONTATION

just a quick trigger warning: this chapter has some discussion of sexual assault.

Lucia and Tom spent most of the day lounging in their beds and watching muggle television as they nursed their hangovers. Tom of course, with his diary perched on his lap.

Although some would be bored by the lack of action, they somehow felt comfort in merely the presence of each other. The soft sound of Tom's quill scratching the surface of the paper was hypnotically calming to Lucia, and her soft breathing as she drifted in and out of consciousness sometimes whilst watching the television brought a sort of serenity to Tom, but he wasn't entirely sure why.

It was later in the day, and it was starting to dawn on Lucia that she truly hadn't done anything even somewhat productive for the day. Her busy and perfectionist mind was not one to relish in this.

"We need to get groceries." Lucia announced, even though she didn't want to leave the calming comfort of the hotel room.

"I guess so, the fridge is almost empty." Tom agreed, despite having enjoyed the simple tranquillity of resting together for the day.

"If we go now, we can pick up something for dinner on the way back." Lucia thought out loud, not finding the idea of cooking an appealing one.

Tom sighed, "Alright, let's go then."

He got up off the bed, moving to pull Lucia up gently by her hands as he knew it would take much longer for her to get up of her own accord. He let his hands linger a little longer in hers than necessary, but still all too soon let go to grab her purse and wand for her.

Yet as they went to move towards the door, he linked his hand in hers again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Far out, you don't have to rip my bloody arm off." She scolded as they walked down the corridor towards the elevator.

"Thought you might prefer this as opposed to another cold shower to bring you to your senses." He smirked, recalling that morning's events. He would like to refer to it as steamy, but the icy water would beg to differ.

"Don't even get me started on this morning, Tom Riddle." Lucia glared at his cocky expression as she pressed the button on the elevator.

Tom was still smirking at her in the elevator, so Lucia elbowed him gently in the ribs.

When they arrived at the supermarket, Lucia pulled a shopping trolley out and walked into the brightly lit store.

Tom had been food shopping with her only once before, but this was a much bigger store than he had been to previously.

Colourful packages lined the tall shelves, seeming to shout down with the marketing techniques that could be read all over their wrapping.

She picked various foods off the shelves, Tom silently walking beside her and observing all the items on the shelves with curiosity.

"Do you like spaghetti or spirals better?" Lucia asked as if it was a very important question, holding up the two boxes of pasta.

"They are the same thing, I don't care." He replied honestly, not having considered pasta preferences to be such an important concept.

"They are not the same thing... They taste totally different, each have a vastly distinct texture." Lucia argued.

"It's the same ingredients, just a different shape." Tom retorted, finding her passionate feelings rather humorous.

"You've got it all wrong, the shape changes the whole experience..." She began to explain.

"Lucia?" A voice sounded from behind her, and she turned quickly around to see the source.