fifty-seven: love

LOVE

The final days of December were spent fairly uneventfully by Lucia and Tom as they enjoyed the castle at its quietest.

It must have been well into the A.M. that night, but Lucia was wide awake. She could feel Tom's chest rising and falling against her back as he slept, his arms draped around her comfortingly.

She turned around in his arms, coming to face him. His face looked so peaceful, even more youthful as he slept, and she couldn't resist brushing her fingers lightly over his cheek.

Tom's eyes fluttered open at her touch, "What time is it?" He queried as he noticed the darkness of the dorm.

"I don't know." Lucia whispered, trailing her fingers down and over his lips.

"Why are you awake?" He asked her, splaying his hand across her back gently.

"I can't sleep." Lucia responded with a sigh.

"How come?" Tom continued, eyes narrowing to meet her gaze. She looked down towards his chest at the eye contact.

"It doesn't matter, can we go for a walk?" Lucia asked sweetly, threading her fingers into his hair.

Tom sighed, rolling onto his back. "We can in the morning, darling."

"Please?" Lucia pressed a kiss against the side of his throat, giving his hair a light tug.

Tom gave her a tired smirk, "I suppose just a short one wouldn't hurt."

Lucia sat up in excitement, then pushed the curtains of the four poster away and got to her feet.

When she looked down at Tom, she saw his eyes unapologetically trail up and down her body only covered by a bralette and underwear. She shook her head and went to pulling on a warm pair of sweatpants, a hoodie and a coat, then stepping into her boots.

When Tom was dressed in equally warm clothing, Lucia laced her fingers into his and dragged him out of the dorm and common room, towards the rest of the castle.

Tom was unimpressed that Lucia didn't just want to walk around the castle, and insisted they walk the actual grounds instead.

She set a brisk pace, dragging Tom along beside her along the snow covered paths.

The bright green of the grass was concealed under a blanket of frost, but it wasn't quite cold enough to freeze over the entirety of the Black Lake.

When they came to a tree beside the lake, Lucia lay down on her back in the frost.

"You'll get sick, let's go back to the castle." Tom insisted, holding out his hand to her.

She smiled at took his hand, only to pull him down to the ground with her. He swore and tried to get back up, but she quickly came to straddle his hips so he couldn't escape.

"Lucia..." Tom warned as she ran her hands up and down his clothed chest.

"Tom... Fuck, you look so hot right now with your hair all messy." She leant down to run her hands through his hair.

"We should go back..." Tom attempted to exercise his self control.

Lucia hummed in response, bringing her lips to his neck and kissing his pulse point.

Tom closed his eyes for a moment as she began tugging at his hair and sucking harshly at his skin.

"Lucia, what is up with you?" He spoke through his shaky breath. The ice beneath him was so cold but her lips were so hot. He could already feel arousal shooting below his abdomen.