twelve: movie

MOVIE

A couple of days had passed, and the time when Lucia would have to return to Hogwarts was growing uncomfortably nearer.

"What are we going to do when I have to go back to school?" She asked Tom over her breakfast of toast with jam.

"God... I don't even know. I haven't really thought about it." Tom sighed. This wasn't necessarily true. He had thought about it, but without a solution coming to mind.

"I guess we'll work it out when we get there. I still have a couple more weeks." She agreed, not wanting to have to problem solve at this time of morning.

"What is the plan for today?" Tom queried to change the direction of the conversation, running his hand through his hair.

"I want to take you to the movies." Lucia explained, a smirk on her face.

"The what?"

"The cinema, the pictures... A movie theatre where you watch a film on a big screen." She stifled a laugh at his ignorance.

"We watch movies all the time here." He reasoned.

It was true, they'd watched many muggle movies and TV shows throughout their short time together. Lucia seemed to always insist on some kind of noise, whether it be music or the television to keep her thoughts at bay.

"It's a totally different experience, you'll see." She assured him, patting him on the arm.

"Like spirals versus spaghetti? I'm not sure I trust your judgement about differences in experience." He smirked, thinking back to her argument at the supermarket.

This earned him a gentle slap in the side, and he laughed at her offended reaction.

"Fine, I'll give it a chance. But if a muggle even looks at me the wrong way..." He started, shooting a glare.

"Tom! I though we were past this muggle-hating crap." She laughed, brushing her hand through his hair.

"You thought wrong." He replied, but humour still laced his tone as he enjoyed the feeling of her hands on him.

***

Lucia walked up to the ticket machine to buy two tickets. Tom stood beside her, peering over her shoulder at the screen.

It was strange, having a machine service you instead of a person. But Tom didn't mind the lack of social interaction involved.

"A horror movie?" He scoffed, thinking she was going to pick something light-hearted.

"You'll love it, just you wait." She assured, looking up at him with sparkling eyes.

Lucia had insisted they get popcorn and chocolate, assuring him there was no way better to enjoy a movie than to mix the popcorn and chocolate together in the very large cup.

As they sat down in the soft chairs, she placed the popcorn between them, picking up a few pieces and putting them in her mouth.

The advertisements began playing, and Lucia sighed. "They usually go for about half an hour."

Tom watched curiously as a car dealership advert played on the gigantic screen. Although he didn't want to admit it to Lucia, the large screen was much more enthralling than the small one in the hotel room.

The colours and brightness reminded him of a wizard photograph on a large scale, he supposed they really were quite similar.

After a while, the movie finally began. Eerie music played through the speakers and the scene was dark and dreary as the camera panned to an old-looking house.