thirty: hogwarts

HOGWARTS

"I literally hate the traffic in London in the morning." Mel said through her teeth, honking her horn at the slow driver in front of her. From her warm disposition, you wouldn't expect her to have so much road rage. "You've definitely got all your stuff, right?"

"Yes, Mum," Lucia teased.

"Oh fuck off," Mel laughed, "I don't want to be the one having turn around and go all the way back in this traffic because you forgot your bloody toothbrush."

"Fair enough." Lucia agreed, brushing her hand through her hair.

"I'm running late, so I'll probably just have to drop you and run. Will you be all good carrying that massive trunk to the platform?" Mel asked as she finally overtook the slow driver.

"Yeah I'll be fine, they have luggage trolleys." Lucia assured her.

When Mel pulled in front of the station, she leaned over to wrap her hands around Lucia's small frame. "Take care of yourself, bitch. I don't want to have to come over there to sort you out."

"I will, thanks for everything Mel." Lucia said into her hair.

When she pulled back from her arms, Lucia opened the door and got out her trunk from the boot of the car.

Lucia waved as Mel drove off, before turning to walk into the station. She found the luggage trolleys and placed her heavy trunk on one, then started to make her way towards platform nine.

When she reached the space between platform nine and ten, she took a deep breath before walking quickly towards it for probably the last time in her seven years attending Hogwarts.

As she disappeared through the wall, she found herself on platform nine and three-quarters. The high whistle of the Hogwarts Express sounded around the large space, the large red steam engine that had taken her to school each year.

There were students everywhere, many hugging their parents regretfully goodbye. Lucia averted her eyes, walking alone to the luggage compartment to put her trunk with the others.

"Look who it is." A voice sounded from behind Lucia as she stepped back from the luggage carriage.

She turned to see the smiling face of Lysander.

"Oh my God, Lysander!" Lucia beamed, wrapping her arms around his neck.

When she finally released him, Lysander smiled and hooked his arm in Lucia's, "We'd better get on the train, Lorcan's already got us a free compartment."

The train ride went rather quickly, Lorcan showing the latest edition of The Quibbler that included a rock that glowed in the presence of Dabberplimps in any water source.

Lucia had laughed it off as one of the twins' mother's many imaginary creatures she believed to exist, but Lysander insisted they seen one in the black lake once.

"To be honest I was expecting that Tom guy we met at Diagon Alley to come with you this year, I sensed he was rather desperate to come to the school. Is he really that passionate about education?" Lorcan spoke as they walked off the train and onto the platform. Professor Hagrid could be seen holding a lamp in the distance, calling for all first-years to follow him to the boats.

Lucia smiled awkwardly, "Yeah... he won't be coming."

"Probably for the better," Lorcan added, "I got a bad vibe from him."

"Lorcan, we don't know what happened. You can't just say stuff like that." Lysander said urgently, his cheeks flushing slightly.

"No it's okay guys, we just had our differences." Lucia assured, keeping her face controlled due to the twins' strange sense of knowing things just from someone's expression.