But you're not actually sick (are you?)- Solomon- I

[ I remembered this idea for a Solomon sickfic to make up for him not being in the earlier 'when they're sick' scenario! c': it's also kind of a fic where Asmo messes up and Solomon just really needs a hug ^^;; ]

Part I of II
-
you x Solomon
(or Solomon x you x Asmodeus)

Solomon greets you and Asmodeus in the entrance hallway of Purgatory Hall, only for Asmo to thrust out his arm like he's warding-off evil, exclaiming "stop right there, Solomon! Not another step closer!"

Solomon obligingly halts in his tracks, then sighs as he realises Asmo would clearly prefer him to play along, rather than pointing out that it was Asmo who invited himself over in the first place.

"All right, I'm staying put. What's the matter?" Solomon asks. He lifts an arm toward you for a half hug- Asmo didn't say you couldn't move closer to him after all- but Asmo protectively clings onto your sleeve to prevent any such thing.

"I didn't know you'd been beset by some plague, Solomon! Haven't you heard of a little warning?" Asmo gives a despairing huff as you glance from one to the other in confusion- Solomon looks and sounds exactly the same as he always does.

"Well... I wouldn't exactly call the aroma of Simeon's cooking being beset by some plague," Solomon laughs, then throws you a mischievous glance that makes you think he knew all too well that wasn't what Asmo meant. "But don't let that keep you. If you've changed your mind about dinner, I'll pack-up a few of Luke's homemade sweets for you both instead."

"I... think we can still manage dinner," you offer. You're not quite sure what's gotten into Asmo, but you had been looking forward to spending the evening with him and Solomon.

Solomon beams at your words, and apparently Asmo has a far greater fear of missing out than any unhallowed pestilence, you haven't taken two steps before he's declaring he'll join you both after all, but only if he and Solomon sit at opposite ends of the dining room.

Later, at some point during your main course, Asmo manages to maintain a prim manner while sitting all alone at the end of an incredibly long table, Simeon tries to politely withhold a bewildered look, Luke mumbles that this is why they shouldn't invite demons for dinner after all, and Solomon gives your hand a small squeeze under the table.

You glance up at him, and you could've sworn he looks grateful.

-

It's not long after your meal that Solomon joins you to wash the dishes. Asmo was supposed to be helping you, but then he fussily declared that he didn't want to risk touching any plate or cutlery that Solomon had touched.

"Did you and Asmo have some sort of fight?" you ask, because usually Asmo wants nonstop cuddles, not to summon some kind of invisible forcefield around Solomon.

Solomon laughs, shaking his head and tugging his sleeves up to his elbows so that they don't get too soapy. "Not that I know of. I think he once caught a cold from me, and I guess I'm not as forgiven as I thought. I hope I'm not stressing him out too much, though." Solomon ducks his head as he tries not to yawn, then blinks and offers a chagrined sort of smile that makes you feel bad for him. He looks a bit exhausted, and more like he'd prefer a hug than Asmo yelling from the other room that Solomon had better not breathe if he's going to stand close to you like that.

But you're not actually sick...?  you think to say, but Solomon affectionately nudges you before you do, saying that he'll handle the rest of the washing up, you're the guest after all, so you should go pick a movie to watch with Asmo. You're about to protest, but Solomon just gives you a rather wry grin as he reminds you that he can be annoyingly persistent when it comes to looking after you too.

"Plus, I need you on my side to make sure Asmo doesn't choose another rom-com..." Solomon winks, giving you a conspiratorial nod as you relent to leaving him with the dishes.

-

Just as Solomon suspected, you find Asmo in the Purgatory Hall common room with a selection of sappy romance films in front of him, Asmo's frowning at the gravity of the decision at hand.

"Solomon says he doesn't want you to make him cry again," you joke, and Asmo gives a soft chuckle, then holds out his arms to you as he suddenly looks unsure of himself. You're about to comfort him and say that Solomon's probably just drained from some new dark magical enterprise, when you both hear a muffled sneeze from the other room.

"Ugh, sorry- that was just from the dish soap. I tried, but I couldn't help it," Solomon sniffles, leaning around the doorway and giving an amused squint in regret.

But Asmo is glaring at Solomon like this is just one step too far, then he abruptly grabs you around the waist, declaring that if Solomon doesn't want to acknowledge that he's on death's doorstep that's just fine, but you and he are going home.

"Asmo, hey, hey, it's really okay. I promise I'm alright-" Solomon tries to say gently, his face falling while you're too startled to say anything at all. Asmo is hoisting you out of Purgatory Hall and storming down the street, yelling that Solomon had better rest up and look after himself, and that he should be in bed with a cold like that, not doing house chores.

The last thing you see is Solomon standing in the doorway, soap still dripping from his hands as he glances at all the movies Asmo had laid out, then looks a little bit sad.