When you turn into a cat - Part I

[ you were about to go on your first date with the demons, but instead you accidentally transformed yourself into a cat :3

a couple of people mentioned they would like to see mc as a cat (or acting like a cat), so this scenario is written as mc becoming one <3 thank you for the prompt and I hope you enjoy!! c: ]

Part I: Diavolo, Barbatos
-
Diavolo

When you turn up in Diavolo's study as a cat, you find the Demon Lord looking very sorry for himself and staring miserably at his desk. You jump into his lap and start meowing and nestling into his front, trying to cheer him up.

"Oh? Have you come to keep me company?" Diavolo looks a bit humbled that a cat would pay any attention to him at all, let alone one he's never met before. "Did Barbatos let you in? Perhaps he feels sorry for me after all... I hope I haven't worried him with my moping..."

Diavolo strokes your back, affectionately squishing your ears under his palm as he runs his hand over your head too. A small, comforted smile tugs at his features when you nuzzle into his touch, but somehow he still looks awfully sad. It's only then that you notice Diavolo was all dressed up for your date, and as a result of your misadventure, you never arrived to meet him after all.

"I'm being very silly, aren't I? I'm sure something unexpected simply came up," Diavolo tells you, gently lifting you up so you can rest a bit higher on his chest. "Don't mind me. We should set about finding your home, hm?"

It's at that moment that Barbatos politely knocks on the door and enters with his phone in hand. "My Lord, I've just received word from Lucifer that there's been a slight mishap. It's regarding-"

It's at that moment that the spell wears off, leaving you staring at a very wide-eyed Diavolo, who's still holding you up under the armpits even though you're now straddling his lap.

"Ah. I see you've already become aware of the matter. Please forgive my intrusion," Barbatos gives a small bow as he leaves you, looking completely unflustered and unsurprised that Diavolo's date somehow arrived as a cat when Lucifer and his brothers were involved.

Diavolo is meanwhile still completely frozen, before he scrunches his eyes in amusement, giving you a very abashed, sheepish smile.

"I suppose I should possibly put you down now," says Diavolo, then he starts laughing as you pull him in for a hug, telling you that then again, as long as you're alright with it, he really doesn't want to.

Barbatos

You find Barbatos in the castle kitchens, where he's pondering over a delicate looking dessert that he had wrapped with a bow.

"Oh my. How did you get in here?" Barbatos stares down at you, looking a little lost. His expression softens slightly when you start winding around his legs while making a soft mewing sound. You wish you could explain to him why you never showed up for your date tonight, and you want to comfort him as best you can.

"Oh dear. You're a bit lonely too, are you?" Barbatos chuckles, then crouches down to your level, tentatively holding his hand out to you, which you nudge with your head and cat ears. "You'll have to forgive me, I'm slightly allergic. But I do appreciate the company."

Barbatos gives you quite an affectionate, giving sort of smile, and you realise how much he really did need cheering up. You snuggle against his knee as Barbatos pats your head again, he looks amused when you seem intent on winding your tail around his ankle.

"Would you care to see the sweet I made? It won't keep till tomorrow, I'm afraid, but I was rather proud of it, so... oop we go-" Barbatos carefully lifts you into his arms, then gently stands up. Now that you're being held by him, you can see the confectionary resting on the counter is a tiny dessert shaped like a rose.

"It was a small gift for someone," Barbatos continues, scrunching his eyes and allowing it when you bump your wet cat nose into his cheek. He gives a soft laugh, and you're glad you can at least make him smile a little, since you have no idea how to tell him it's really you. "I'd share it with you, but its human food I'm afraid. Well, and demon food, perhaps."

Barbatos chuckles when you meow again, like you're both sharing a silly joke, then he reaches over and tentatively tugs the ribbon on the dessert, as if he isn't quite sure whether to unwrap it now.

"I'd better not," Barbatos sighs, holding you against his chest with one arm and letting the other fall at his side. "If I eat it, I might cry a little, and that really would make for a gloomy end to this evening, wouldn't it? Shall we go see if the Young Lord wants it?"

Barbatos kneels down to gently place you back on the floor. Rather than getting up to find Diavolo, however, Barbatos glances at all the cat hair on his blazer, then worriedly gets out his handkerchief, his eyes are already itching from being too close to you.

"Goodness... excuse me," Barbatos says, but it sounds muffled as he's half-pinching his nose too. "Even if they did arrive, by now I must look quite a sight-"

"Don't worry," you answer him gently, trying to joke. You keep glancing down at your hands and clothes, still in surprise after the spell abruptly wore off. "At least you didn't take the form of a cat."

Barbatos startles as his head jerks upward, his stare meeting yours while his eyes are still watering with allergic tears. He blinks over the handkerchief, still frozen in shock.

"I'm so sorry if that was embarrassing," you start to say, suddenly realising that Barbatos may not have intended to say so many things whilst you were a cat. But Barbatos just quickly scrunches the cloth away, sniffling and holding his other arm out to you, in case you still want a hug.

"Don't be silly," he says sincerely. "I'm just incredibly glad... I'm quite grateful, I mean-" he shakes his head and starts quietly laughing, unable to hide his smile when you do throw your arms around him for a hug. "I'm just so happy you're here."