You see them in their demon form (and it terrifies you) - Part II

Part II - Satan, Asmo, Beel, Belphie
-
Satan

Satan knocks at your bedroom door and waits patiently for you in the hall, then remembers that he left a flower he meant to bring for you back in his room. He's slightly irked at himself, he's not normally so careless. But all of that fades when you open your door and he sees you, his heart feels oddly light.

That is, until you give a stifled yelp of horror, and Satan finds himself flushing deeply, it only takes him an instant to realise what your shock is about.

"Don't make that sound! You're embarrassing me," he admonishes you, his tone harsher than he intends. He turns and leaves you at your door, then sits in his bedroom for a decent half-hour, filled with regret as he thinks over his behaviour and all the ways that could've gone differently. He sees the flower he meant to give you resting sadly on a pile of books, then he snatches up his phone and starts texting you, swallowing before too many emotions rise to the surface.

Satan: ...I need to apologise.

Satan: I know that must've been a shock, it's easy for me to forget how many things are still new to you here.

Satan: I was angry at myself for not having the forethought to warn you about my appearance.

Satan: ...the only person embarrassing me was myself.

When you don't reply Satan understands, he doesn't want to send too many texts if you need some space from him. At the same time, while he feels ashamed to explain what happened to his brothers, Satan decides to message Beel to go check if you're okay, just in case you're really upset and need someone to talk to.

He's just about to send the message when there's a knock at his door. Satan hangs his head when he opens it, he doesn't feel like he deserves to have you come to his room. But you just gently wrap your arms around him, letting him know you're sorry too and you'd still like to take him with you, if he still wants to keep you company.

Satan's mouth crumples as he can't say much, he nods instead. You tell him the one condition is that he has to change back into his true form, because it means a lot to you that he would show you that. This time, you're going to be able to tell him that instead.

Asmodeus

When Asmodeus sweeps out of his bedroom in his true form, you immediately let out a blood-curdling shriek so loud that it echoes down the entire hallway. Asmo's face brightens with pure joy, his eyes sparkling as he clasps his hands to his chest, giggling and gushing with praise about how utterly cute and adorable you are. He says he's incredibly touched and that you've made his whole night with your reaction, it's not often that he can shock someone so completely with his radiance.

Before you can go on to explain yourself further, he says he knows that falling in love can seem like the most frightening experience of all, to the point where it's truly terrifying! But not to worry in the slightest because he'll be right there to catch you if you ever need.

By the time he's finished his delighted and emotional speech you've managed to recover from your initial surprise, and now you're just smiling back at him as Asmo kisses your hand. He tells you he cherishes every moment with you and that should you ever wish to, he's quite sure you could make him scream twice as loudly down this hallway after you return from the ball.

Beelzebub

You're gazing at some of the small, sentimental items around Beel's bed when you hear him come out of the bathroom behind you. You turn, about to ask him if some of these are from his childhood, when you startle so badly that you freeze in alarm.

At the same time, Beel realises that he didn't warn you he'd be in his demon form. He feels so awful that his smile wilts with sadness, he quickly walks over to you and softly covers your eyes with his palm.

"What are you doing?" you laugh shakily, wishing you hadn't gotten such a fright and possibly even upset him.

"Covering your eyes. So you don't have to see me yet," Beel says, and the pang in your heart grows even worse when you realise he's not upset, he's just trying to be gentle with you.

"I'm so sorry about that," you say quietly, you really do mean it.

"You don't have to say sorry," Beel says immediately, and you can tell he means it too.

Beel gently opens his fingers a little bit, and you can see him standing there, looking as kind and caring as he always is with you. You gently take his hand that was covering your eyes and thread your fingers through his, squeezing his palm to let him know you're okay. He smiles and squeezes your hand back, glad.

Belphegor

He's taking a nap when you gently push open his bedroom door, his head is flopped into his arms over his desk. You take a sharp inhale when you immediately notice his demon form, and Belphie blinks open his eyes, he was sleeping purposefully lightly so he'd be able to wake up for you when you came in. He gives you a soft, sleepy smile when he sees your shocked expression, then yawns and points to his horns, as if to say "...me?"

You nod, slightly speechless, and Belphie just gives you another smile, more wryly this time. He looks like he's about to say something when he interrupts himself with another yawn, which seems to go on and on as he covers his mouth apologetically and gets to his feet.

Your shock has completely worn off by the time he's done, and he just laughs a little, wiping his eyes with the corner of his sleeve. Then he asks if you feel like carrying him, at least until you both get to the staircase. Belphie wraps his arms around your shoulders, laughing softly and telling you that he's contented to get to be this close to you, even if he does happen to look like a demon sometimes.