But you're not actually sick (are you?)- Solomon- II

Part II of II
-
you x Solomon
(or Solomon x you x Asmodeus)

The House of Lamentation is only a couple of blocks from Purgatory Hall, but it isn't until you and Asmo are back home that you realise in all the commotion, neither of you grabbed your satchel, it's still at Solomon's along with your phone.

"This is such a disaster..." Asmo moans, then looks like he's about to cry when he realises you're not exactly happy with the way you both left things.

"I'll text Simeon to bring your stuff over, okay?" says Asmo, tearing-up as he tries not to make it any worse. "Or if Simeon's already in bed, we'll pop over first thing tomorrow, I promise!"

But you're shaking your head. You know Asmo's worked himself up, but you've already made up your mind that you're going back to Purgatory Hall yourself, you're going to make sure Solomon's okay and apologise.

"Wait! Please, I don't want you walking alone! Wait, wait, I'm coming with you-" Asmo wails. You're already out the door as he runs after you with just his socks on, half-slipping on the front steps as you're quicker than he anticipated. But then you stop, holding out your arm to Asmo behind you.

"...Asmo?" your voice sounds quiet as your vision adjusts to the dark, and you both see Solomon laying near the edge of your garden, his hand still loosely holding your satchel, which he was trying to bring back to you.

The next moment you're yelling his name and sprinting toward him, your chest is tight with panic, you hadn't actually thought there was anything wrong. But when you move Solomon's head into your lap, you think his cheek feels far too warm, and he looks unsteadily up at you, his focus fading. He gives you a weak, lopsided smile as he shakes his head.

"Ugh. I can't believe Asmo was actually right..." is the last thing you hear him say, before the amusement gently slips from his expression, and all you can hear is Asmo's strangled plea as Solomon completely passes out.

-

When Solomon wakes up in your bed that evening, the first thing is does is try to smile. While the effort looks like it costs him, Solomon's eyes crease with feeling as he sees you by his side.

"You worked my spell," Solomon manages, touching his chest where you'd tried your best to perform the healing incantation. "I always knew... you didn't need my help."

"I barely did anything!" you babble, you feel overwhelmed to see him awake again and suddenly you have to fight the urge to throw your arms around him and never let go. You don't want to hurt him when he isn't feeling well, and you're not entirely sure Solomon would want your affection now in any case.

Solomon lifts himself up on his elbow, attempting to look far more spry than he actually is, before he woozily sinks down onto your pillow again, realising you aren't about to cuddle him.

"I think this fever's possibly making me really sappy," Solomon whispers, trying to joke. "But after everything tonight, if you don't hug me already, I think I'm going to cry."

He gives a small, slightly husky-sounding laugh as this is all you needed to hear, you scoop Solomon into your arms and squeeze him tight with all your strength. You can't help telling him that you're so sorry you weren't there when he needed you, but Solomon just shakes his head as he leans into your shoulder, his body tentatively easing against you. At first he only closes his arms very loosely around you, as if still realising that you're actually holding him, and fiercely at that. When you don't let go, something pained crosses his expression, before his hands splay into the back of your shirt, his touch almost pleading as he gives you the most heartfelt hug too.

You're still holding him when Asmo returns with the medicine you asked for. Instead of leaving it quietly beside you, Asmo's mouth wobbles a little as he hovers next to the bed.

"S-Solomon..?" Asmo says shakily, his voice cracking as he tries to whisper your name too. All it takes is for Solomon to hold his arm out, before the demon bursts into tears.

"N-no, you can't both start being nice to me, I haven't even said sorry yet!" Asmo wails, he's sobbing so loudly that your heart breaks a little. "I was s-so mean... a-nd I've ruined everything! I knew you were sick, and I didn't take it seriously! Or take care... of you.. I don't deserve... s-so why-"

"Because we know you, Asmo," Solomon says softly. "The pact works both ways. I can tell what you're feeling too, even when it's different from what you say."

There's a small silence while Asmo takes this in, hiccupping as he raises his palm to smudge both of his cheeks.

"I can still.. do better for both of you..." Asmo mumbles. "I'm still so, so sorry..."

To your surprise, Asmo gently climbs onto the mattress, then presses his face into your other shoulder, tugging Solomon's arm around him and taking a trembling breath.

"Is it too late to ask if I can stay? Or look after you? Can I make it better?" Asmo sobs, you can tell he's asking not just Solomon, but you too.

As your fingers close over Asmo's hand, you already know Solomon's answer echoes yours. Whether it's always been there or tonight is the first time, you realise you can feel something of Solomon's heart within you too.