You lose your memories- Diavolo/you/Lucifer- I

[ everyone reading this book honestly makes me so happy, I just wanted to say thank you for being so sweet and kind and also making me laugh a lot with your comments ajfshsh c": For this scenario, it is posted in 2 continuing parts. I promise it has a happy ending but these two do cry/get upset several times because they miss you.. ]

Part I of II
-
Diavolo x you x Lucifer

Diavolo is very gentle and careful with you when he suspects you've lost your memories. When he realises you don't know who he is at all, he's incredibly patient, and thinks it best to explain from the beginning. This doesn't go so well however, especially when he starts with a sincere "my name is Lord Diavolo and I'm the crown prince of the demon realm", and you immediately start looking frantically around, not sure if you're losing your mind or if you've actually died and this must be hell. Diavolo's face falls as he realises he's made a mistake, he's trying to soothe you when Barbatos quietly opens the door in his demon form, and you pass out cold in Diavolo's arms.

When you wake up again you're in a comforting but lavish looking bedroom, Diavolo and Barbatos are kindly smiling at you, both looking quite human and in unassuming casual clothes. Diavolo softly opens again with "my name is Dia, you might not remember me right now, but I'm here to help." He explains you've had a little mishap and temporarily lost your memories, but not to worry because he'll make sure you're alright until you feel like yourself again. You think they both have kind faces and they make you feel at ease.

Over the next few days you become more familiar with the estate Dia seems to live in, though to you it looks more like a palace. Diavolo and Barbatos make sure one of them is always near you in case you start getting overwhelmed, however as you start to become more comfortable, your panic attacks eventually happen less often. You notice many of the decorative sculptures and paintings in Dia's estate have been covered by sheets, and Barbatos explains that the castle will soon be repainted, that is why. Out of curiosity you lift one of the sheets, and Dia and Barbatos exchange a worried glance when you see a very demonic looking statue.

You walk closer to Dia and ask why he looks so upset, but he just looks searchingly into your eyes, as if looking for a flicker of recognition, or maybe some adverse reaction from you. When you tell him it's alright and you aren't frightened by the statue, Dia looks slightly torn, there's relief in his expression, but something a little regretful too. You take his hand and give it a gentle squeeze, you're reminded of how he always used to hold his hands out to you when you first woke up, as if you were about to collapse any second. Your gesture seems to tug him back to the present, and Dia gives you a heartfelt, apologetic frown, saying you shouldn't be the one comforting him. Then he recovers a little, chuckling and saying that demonic statue isn't much to his taste either, it was his father's.

Often the three of you eat in a beautiful gazebo overlooking Dia's garden lake. You learn that most of the food here is prepared by Barbatos, who dips his head and bows a little when you express your amazement at his skill. Every night he presents the three of you with a course of several unique dishes, and now that you feel more confident with putting sentences together, you compliment each dish separately. Dia smiles at you warmly, thoroughly agreeing and saying that if there are any special comfort foods from the human world that you'd like, Barbatos would be able to make them with ease. You can tell Dia means this to be sweet, but his bubbly expression wilts a little when you take a moment to process his odd phrase. You're about to ask what he means, but Dia is already hiding his face behind a large water glass as he suddenly feels the need to drink the whole thing.

A week passes before Diavolo feels assured enough of your recovery to allow Lucifer to visit. After you'd first woken up, you'd been easily unsettled by any visitors who weren't Barbatos or Diavolo himself, so neither of them wants to overload you with too many new faces at once. Lucifer is having morning tea with Barbatos when Dia tells you that a friend of yours is here to see you. Lucifer stands as you walk over, but as you get closer you seem to become anxious, so Lucifer carefully sits down again, not wanting to intimidate you. He's very quiet with you, murmuring that he hopes you feel well, and that he thinks of you often. You're searching your heart, desperately trying to work out why you feel a pang in your chest when you see him. You think that he looks very grave, and quite sad.

When you don't say anything, Lucifer drops his gaze. You think you see his mouth tremble, but then he looks displeased with himself, his expression becoming stern. You feel that you shouldn't, but seeing him like that suddenly makes your hand drift toward his face, your palm nearly touching his cheek as you whisper "Luci.."

You don't know what came over you or what you meant by that, but Lucifer's eyes go wide as his breath catches. He looks at you as if desperately trying to hold something back, then manages a wavering smile instead, giving you a small, single nod.

Later, you realise you've fallen asleep in Dia's drawing room, meeting new people tends to exhaust you like this. But you can hear hushed whispers in the hallway outside, and you're suddenly worried that your unusual reaction earlier may have caused Dia some distress. Though he tries his best to hide it from you, you know Dia sometimes gets a wistful, sorrowful look on his face when he doesn't realise you're watching him.

You go to the door. To your surprise, it's actually the other man who you see is upset, the one you called Luci. He has a gloved hand over his mouth and is leaning into Dia's shoulder, trying to contain a harsh-sounding sob. Dia is holding him steadily, murmuring "hush, there now... it's going to be alright..." you slowly move away, struck by the overwhelming feeling that Luci wouldn't wish you to see him like this.

When Dia quietly returns to check on you later, he gives you a caring smile when he sees you're awake and sits cross-legged with you on the sofa, then happily takes a bite of one of the scones he's brought you. He gives a soft laugh and says he feels like a little nap himself, he's probably not helping it by tucking into more of Barbatos's tea cakes either. It strikes you then how genuinely he brightens your day and how at ease he is with you, yet you've never seen anyone here hug or comfort him in those moments when you know your memory loss has made him sad. You say, "...Dia?" and he gives a little hum in answer, some icing on his mouth from the scone.

"Is it okay if I hug you?" you ask softly, and Dia grabs a napkin as he gazes at you in surprise, he still has his mouth full. He nods straight away, many times in fact, then laughs and chokes a bit as you don't wait, you just gently wrap your arms around him and hold him close.

Diavolo's heart feels achingly full as you hug him like you always did. He tries not to hold you too tight or press his face into your neck, but he's missed you terribly and he's suddenly allowed to be back in your arms. You rub his back soothingly, you can sense Dia is feeling overwhelmed and you understand how that feels too. You ask if he's okay just to be sure, and Dia just gives a forceful nod into your shoulder, which makes you laugh a little, you feel like you've known him for so long. You take Dia for a walk around the gardens with you afterwards, holding his hand sometimes, even though he keeps smiling and wiping his eyes on the back of both his hands every time they happen to be free.