You're in danger and they come to you - Part II

tw: this scenario contains descriptions of the reader being chased/hunted by a group of demons. And also Asmo apparently thinking he's going to die saving you (but he's okay:_))

Part II- Levi, Satan, Asmo, Beel and Belphie
-
Leviathan

You don't know how Levi summoned himself into your presence, but from the gasping, choked sound he's making as he suddenly appears in the midst of your pursuers, you know it can't have been easy. The demons hunting you slow their pace, glancing warily at each other as if unsure whether this disheveled student who just tumbled into a heap in front of them is something to worry about. But Levi isn't paying them any heed, he locks his eyes on you and holds your gaze, surprisingly calm as he manages a wobbly smile. "Hey..." Levi whispers, "...can you promise me something?" he's panting and exhausted, but his voice is gentle as you nod. "Just... keep going. And promise me you won't turn around, okay? Not for anything."

You nod again, tears are stinging your eyes but you trust him. Then you turn and keep slowly walking down the empty street, never looking back no matter what sounds you hear, or what incomprehensible shadows you see stretch in front of you. Later, Levi quietly holds your hands and tells you he can ask Barbatos to help fade the memory of what happened that day. But you shake your head, you know Levi won't be able to forget whatever happened behind you, and you never want to forget that he saved you.

Satan

You've never truly seen him angry until that night. The moment Satan appears feels like the very seams of the demon realm are being gouged open, the sound is harsher than lightning and you fall to your knees covering your ears in pain. You can feel the temperature abruptly becoming colder, and when you place your palms on the ground, you feel an unhallowed tremble from the earth itself. Satan's face is contorted with fury even as he's trying to reclaim control of himself, and you see your assailants doubling-over in agony as they try to run. When Satan sees you hurting, however, the chaos seems to fade, the energy summoned into the air around you turns to a light, almost whispery rain. Satan collapses to his knees beside you, his rage replaced with desperation as he pulls you into his arms and holds you, burying his face in your shoulder and asking if you can ever forgive him, then whispering that he's to blame for not keeping you safe.

Asmodeus

When Asmo appears he looks as shaken as you, the knowledge of how scared you must've been without him hits him hard. But then Asmo leans in and protectively kisses your cheek, saying you just keep heading toward home okay, you could even pretend you're on a nice evening jog now that he's here. He gives you a soft, cheeky smile and winks, and you're suddenly struck by the strange, awful feeling that he's saying goodbye. It's only after you're gone that Asmo allows himself to be furious and overwhelmed by much he failed you by not being there. He waits until the last moment, then channels that emotion into his ability to charm others, knowing that even though other demons are the least susceptible to his power, it will buy you enough time to get to safety. He stands there, smiling rather viciously as tears fill his eyes, while the others close in.

Beel and Belphie

You can feel exhaustion and pain setting in as you run, you know it won't be much longer. Then you hear Belphie shout your name, and a second later you feel his arms softly holding you up, he's whispering "hey, hey, I've got you, we found you, I'm here..." Your limbs feel weak as he half-lowers you to the ground, Belphie can carry you no problem, but he's worried he'll have to let go if any of the demons behind you catch up.

Then again, he could almost smile at their chances of getting past Beel.

"How did... you know?" you whisper. You can barely manage to breathe.

"Beel and I felt it," Belphie says quietly, his initial relief fading to concern. "We knew something was wrong."

"Oh..." Your voice sounds faint and blurry and you hate it, everything suddenly feels so far away. But Belphie intuitively understands that you might be in a mild shock, and he tells you to hold on, he and Beel are going to take you home now. Belphie gently lifts you up in his arms, and when you look up you see that Beel's supporting you from the other side, you hadn't even realised he had joined you.

Beel gives you a warm, kind smile, telling you that Belphie's right, the three of you are going to be going home now. They're repeating everything and taking things slow, because the world still feels like it's racing around you. Then Belphie conjures a small orb of magic, and the next thing you know you're outside the House of Lamentation, still cradled in both of their arms. At one point you remember whispering that you're worried you're going to be sick, but Belphie just strokes the damp hair from your forehead, saying he's not leaving you and that's fine. The twins help you to their room, Beel quietly asking if you'll please stay in his bed while they bring you anything you need. They both sit at either side of you all evening, talking to you and telling you funny, comforting stories until you can smile again.