When you turn into a cat - Part II

[ you were about to go on your first date with the demons, but instead you accidentally transformed yourself into a cat.. ]

Part II: Lucifer, Beel, Belphie, Satan
-
Lucifer

"Hn? Did someone leave the front door open?" Lucifer peers down at you as you trot into the music room in your cat form. You know Lucifer tends to come here when he's out of sorts, but the last thing you wanted was for him to feel hurt that you never turned up for your date.

You meow at Lucifer's knee where he's sitting, then tentatively place one paw on his trousers, trying to worm your way onto his lap.

"Don't give me that look. Are you about to tell me I'm in a bad mood too?" Lucifer shoots you a rather despairing expression, then goes back to sorting a collection of music sheets on the floor. He hasn't exactly pushed you aside though, and with a few more hopeful mews, you place your other paw on his thigh, then give a small leap to sit on his legs. Lucifer sighs as he looks down at you. You happily turn in circles in his lap, pleased with your success.

"Hmmm. Usually stray cats are afraid of me..." Lucifer has quite an earnest expression on his face, and it isn't until he's giving you his full attention that you realise that he's genuinely upset about something. "Demons don't bother you, hm? Well, I'm not a very playful one. And I don't have any food either, so I'm afraid I'll be poor company all round, really."

Lucifer gently scoops you up and sets you back down next to him, thinking this will surely be enough for you to find something more interesting to deal with. He seems distracted from his work now though, and he stretches out on his back to gaze up at the ceiling, lost in thought.

"Wh-?" Lucifer lifts his head up to stare at his chest in surprise. You've wasted no time hopping back onto his stomach, then carefully padding over his front until you're nearly nose to nose with him.

"You trust me that much, do you? I'm surprised," Lucifer peers into your cat eyes, his own eyes narrowing as if trying to discern something. Then he shakes his head, looking a little disappointed in himself.

"Really, what am I thinking," Lucifer mutters, looking terribly sad. "Did I really want them to turn up that much..."

Lucifer lifts his hand, then hesitantly hovers it over your back, as if you're suddenly going to run away if he finally shows you any affection. Then he gently lowers it, slowly breathing out as he rests his palm over your small body and tries to carefully stroke you a few times. You're curled right over Lucifer's chest, so you can feel his heartbeat ease as he rests with you like that.

When Lucifer wakes up you're softly sleeping in your human form, your head still resting in the middle of his chest. Frowning and very perplexed, Lucifer glances all around for any sign of a cat. Finding nothing, Lucifer wraps both his arms around you and gently buries his face in your hair, wondering if he's going to sound too sentimental if he tells you it felt like you were with him the whole time.

Beel, Belphie and Satan

"Oh... a kitty," Beel looks at you curiously as you manage to squeeze your way into the twins room. "What are you doing here, kitty?"

Beel gives you a warm smile as you make straight for where he's sitting on his bed, then he pats the space in front of him, encouraging you to jump up onto his mattress.

"Heh. There you go," Beel gives a low laugh, proud of you for making it up there in one go. You roll onto your back and raise your paws toward him, and Beel plays along immediately, holding his hand near you and then moving it every time you swat at his palm.

"This is fun. Am I too quick for you?" Beel lets you gently scuffle with his hand, he doesn't want to tease you too much by always moving out of reach.

"Beel, who are you talking to in here?" Belphie mumbles, appearing from the closet with several pillows under his arm. He halts as he sees a cat squirming around in Beel's blankets, then gives a soft smile when he sees Beel's affectionate expression as he plays with you.

"We have a visitor, huh? Okay, hold on." Belphie walks over to his bed, then starts making something that you can't quite see. When he turns around you find it's a little cat toy made from pillow-stuffing tied at the end of a shoelace. Belphie playfully trails it over Beel's mattress so that you have something to chase and catch, giving a husky, touched sort of laugh that he can entertain you.

"Beel? Belphie? Can you hear me over all the laughing and commotion in there? I said I'm coming in." You hear the door creak open and see Satan standing in the doorway, holding a book he was trying to return. Satan's cheeks immediately heat with a blush as he sees an adorable cat occupying the whole of the twins attention, the two of them have made so many toys that the room looks slightly chaotic by this stage, not to mention the discarded bouncy-balls and shoes that you've chased across the floor.

"There's a... you didn't tell me there was a..." Satan is staring at you with a slightly wounded, utterly heartfelt expression. His attempt to reclaim his composure isn't all that successful as he swallows, then gently crouches down to your level, holding out his hand in case you want to inspect him too.

"First we need to make sure you aren't injured, now don't we?" Satan manages to say to you, his stern voice at odds with the unguarded feeling in his gaze. "And then a bowl of water and proper food are in order. Poor thing... you were probably all alone and lost outside..."

"Tch... what we need to do, is work out how to get Lucifer to adopt it..." Belphie answers as he reluctantly follows Satan out of the room, probably to help with all the cat food and medical supplies Satan's going to be hauling back any second now.

You almost feel a bit guilty as Beel glances back at you, then startles incredibly as he sees you've suddenly returned to your normal human form. Beel blurts your name, then finally has to ask:

"Were... you a cat just now?"

You slowly nod, still processing how your spellcasting must've gone wrong.

"I'm... so sorry if I made you worry about our date," you say, realising hours have now passed since you were supposed to meet Beel.

But Beel just shakes his head and smiles at you, telling you he wasn't worried at all.

"I knew you'd come," says Beel, then he opens his arms for a hug, like seeing you really is the best thing in the world. "...and I was right."