When they're sick with a cold - Part I

Part I - Diavolo, Barbatos, Lucifer, Mammon
-
Diavolo

Diavolo is so considerate that it melts your heart, he'll wear a cute cotton mask and always keeps a polite distance, he's not embarrassed to warn others that he has a cold and doesn't want them to suffer too (not that Diavolo ever seems like he's suffering, he's as cheerful as ever and genuinely doesn't seem to need any extra rest). He doesn't let his symptoms show too much, the most you might notice is that he has a slightly low or husky voice. He also loves the honey cough-drops you brought from the human world way too much, they're his new favourite sweets now and cheer him up to no end.

Though he cares about your wellbeing too much to ask, hugs always make him feel better if he isn't feeling well. He'll try not to lean into your space too much, but just looks affectionately down at you, grateful for the gesture. If your hug is more like the sort where you'll happily throw your arms around his neck, Diavolo will hug you warmly back, happy to be given permission and feeling surprised and touched that you'd be so sweet to him when he's ill. He'll let you gently feel his brow for a fever, appreciating your kindness and that you cared that much.

Barbatos

Feels it would be impolite to mention his cold while you're visiting the Demon Lord's Castle. You'll notice him quietly clearing his throat a few times, but it isn't until you're walking up a breathless flight of stairs that Barbatos is overcome with a coughing fit, nearly doubled-over into his sleeve as you quickly steady him. It suddenly dawns on you that you've been dragging him around while he's ill, but Barbatos shakes his head to stop you from apologising, saying that he's sincerely appreciated your company and please forgive him for worrying you.

You're just in the middle of insisting that you make him tea or help with his duties when Diavolo appears to cheerily back you up, saying he told Barbatos the exact same thing. Diavolo gently teases by saying he might finally be able to get Barbatos to take the day off now that you're here. Barbatos still hovers from a distance while you and Diavolo prepare a tea-set, struck between feeling rather ousted that the Demon Lord has forbidden him from helping, but at the same time thinking it's quite endearing that both you and Diavolo seem to find this a novelty.

If it turns out you weren't as immune to demon colds as you thought, Barbatos will get a terrible shock and feel horribly guilty when you're quite obviously sick the next day (he'll give you a brief, very reserved hug as he apologises, he isn't used to showing affection but it just sort of happens before he realises it).

Lucifer

His nature usually gets the best of him when he's ill, Lucifer won't come anywhere near you unless you're in dire need (if you are, he'd be there without a second's hesitation, even if he looks near-death himself). He keeps to his room instead, but if you tell him you'd like to make sure he's alright, he'll eventually allow you to visit. You notice his face looks slightly paler when he's coming down with something, his cheeks cold and vaguely pink. He'll let you warm him by gently holding his face in your palms, his eyelids flutter softly closed when you do.

The night passes with you both quietly listening to Lucifer's music, and you end up falling asleep against his side. There's something comforting about the weight of you on his arm, and for a long time Lucifer sits with you like that, his heart uneasy and oddly full, he doesn't want you to leave. He also doesn't want to be selfish and keep you all night when he's unwell though, so Lucifer will eventually ease you into his arms, intending to carry you back to your bedroom.

He hesitates as you drift back awake, you're sleepily pointing to his bed instead. Lucifer makes a soft, tentative sound, needing a little more encouragement. If you mumble that you need to stay and look after him, he'll draw a reluctant breath, muttering that you're making this quite difficult you know. But he already knew he needed you, well before he sighed and walked to his bed instead. He'll stay in your arms for the rest of the night, gazing at you like he doesn't know what to do with himself sometimes, even if you don't see.

Mammon

He never intentionally means to be obnoxious, but if you're not already aware he's sick, you'll find out from some kind of yelling or chaos in the house, the voices of various brothers telling him to cover-up and Mammon bellowing that he didn't mean it and how 'bout some sympathy huh?? He wants nothing more than your affection and to watch movies with you while he's sick, he tells you you're nearly gonna make him cry when he turns up at your door and you give him a cuddle and he realises you're actually genuinely happy to see him.

He'll give you a bashful squint if you stroke his hair away from his face, or if you say something kind to him when he keeps trying not to scare the heck out of you with every sneeze. He'll also take any medicine you bring for him, even though he doesn't usually bother with stuff like that. His heart melts every time your hand gently rests on his chest, or if you keep passing him tissues when he needs them (since he's never organised enough to grab them in time).

Later, when he's sleeping heavily in your lap, you're surprised when Beel and Levi visit your room with some food for you since you weren't at dinner (they bring warm soup for Mammon that 'just happened to be leftover' too). Even later than that, Lucifer visits to make sure Mammon isn't 'being a handful' or 'annoying you too much'. You think it's sweet that they so obviously care and wanted to make sure he was alright, and you make sure Mammon knows that he's loved when he wakes up too.