When they eat something too spicy at a restaurant

[ not to start mentioning Diavolo at the beginning of every chapter.. x'D but I'm pretty sure the idea for this chapter came from when you, Beel and Mammon eat out at Ristorante Six, and Diavolo ends up offering to pay for everything you ordered (saving you from ensuing chaos), and I just thought that whole scene was so cute and the funniest<3 ]

Diavolo

Diavolo grabs a table napkin and is suddenly overcome with a coughing fit, his eyes watering with amusement at the situation, he hasn't eaten anything this spicy for several millennia. He's blinking-back tears and is completely fine to laugh at himself afterwards, telling Lucifer he doesn't have to look so shocked, there's no cause for concern. He'll then happily add even more hellfire chillies into his soup, even though this was the initial cause of the problem.

Barbatos

Has a tolerance for spice that surpasses anything a Devildom restaurant can produce. When Barbatos tastes a soup that to you looks like a liquid inferno, his reaction is simply a mild frown. When you reach for your spoon, you're surprised when his hand quickly but gently stops you. He wouldn't normally reach for your hand so suddenly but he doesn't want you to hurt yourself, advising that this starter will not be to your taste.

Lucifer

Makes a muffled, slightly-choked sound while keeping his mouth closed, quickly sipping from his water glass and reclaiming a semblance of poise. You're not quite sure if it was the spice, or the fact that he swallowed just as Diavolo announced he might have some photos of Lucifer in a butler outfit saved somewhere. Lucifer's eyes are teary and his expression a little embarrassed when you glance at him, he curtly apologises to you and Diavolo (even though barely anything happened). He also looks incredibly relieved that this didn't reach the stage of Diavolo enthusiastically whacking him on the back.

Mammon

His eyes are streaming as he splutters violently, even going as far as to push his chair back from the table, gawking at the spicy food in horror. Lucifer shoots him a warning glare, but Mammon just flails at you in a panic, needing you to pass him a drink. You quickly reach for the water but Lucifer beats you to it, briskly forcing Mammon's glass into his hands. Mammon's a bit annoyed that he's not receiving more concern over his near-death experience, but Lucifer just tells him to stop causing embarrassment at the restaurant or he won't get dessert. You squeeze Mammon's hand under the table and tactfully move the hot-sauce away, you cheer him up by saying not to worry and you'll always come to his rescue if he nearly-dies again. Now Mammon's creating another scene when he starts smiling and happy-sobbing at you.

Leviathan

As soon as he realises he's eaten something too spicy, Levi hurriedly tries to fix it by gulping an entire glass of water, which immediately makes matters worse as he swallows too quick. This results in Levi abruptly ducking behind your back, saying sorry multiple times in between choking and coughing. He's fine after a couple of seconds but he's still half-hiding behind you, completely mortified, muttering that this is why people like him should stay in their room, since he can't make it through one social event without doing something cringey. You comfort him by letting him know nobody noticed anything, and that nothing he does could ever cause you embarrassment.

Satan

His expression looks slightly discomforted. He raises a fist to his chest like he's trying not to wince, he doesn't want to make any sort of fuss or draw attention to himself. By some underworld miracle he manages to subdue the urge to cough, but he still quietly excuses himself afterwards, glancing at you as if to check that you don't somehow think less of him now. He'll persevere through the spicy food with caution (especially if you were treating him to dinner, in which case he'll never admit that anything was amiss).

Asmodeus

Asmo's cheeks go bright pink, he tries to keep his expression serene and unaffected as best he can while his mouth is on fire. Unfortunately this doesn't quite work, and Beel whacks him hard between his shoulders, worried that Asmo might be choking on something. Suddenly Asmo is spluttering terribly and trying to disappear behind his hands, he can't believe Beel made him have such an undignified outburst in front of you. You rub Asmo's back in alarm and he seems to soften and wilt slightly under your touch (even if he keeps glaring and insisting that even if Beel did have good intentions, he'd rather choke to death).

Beelzebub

He'll keep happily eating the spicy food, beaming at you contentedly even if he's sniffling like crazy and tears are soaking his cheeks. If you look concerned, he'll swallow his mouthful so he can give you a reassuring smile and apologise, saying he'll try to eat some other milder foods too so that he doesn't worry you.

Belphegor

Won't make any sign that anything is wrong, Belphie will just calmly excuse himself from the table and leave the restaurant. Beel knows him too well though, and after a short pause he follows. After a minute Beel texts you to come out too, everyone else is in conversation so it's easy to slip away. You find them outside, and Beel explains that Belphie sometimes gets a mild allergic reaction to spicy food, so he just needs a minute and some air. You walk over and give Belphie a soft hug, his whole body sinks against you as he seems incredibly comforted to have you there. When Belphie can breathe normally again, the first thing he does is shrug and say he doesn't want the two of you to miss out on dessert, which is his way of saying thank you and sorry. (You know if it was you or Beel who needed help, Belphie would be steadfast by your side for however long it took).