You are sensitive to kindness - Barbatos, Simeon

[ In this scenario, the reader is sensitive or cries when someone does a very small nice thing for them (as they are not used to it;;) ]

this prompt is from _Lucc4_ ! <3

Barbatos

He notices one of the buttons on your school jacket has come loose and fallen off during the day. So while you were sitting and having lunch, Barbatos quietly took your sleeve into his lap and mended it (you didn't even need to take the jacket off, he just had your hand resting gently on his knee while he worked).

It isn't until you smile and try to thank him that you notice that one of the buttons on Barbatos's sleeve is now missing. You know that he likes to be of help, but you had assumed he'd been fixing your jacket with a spare, not his own button, when it clearly means a lot to Barbatos to be presentable at all times.

Suddenly your eyes fill with tears as you look at him- you're not used to anything like this, or just, gestures of kindness at all.

Barbatos blinks at you, having not expected you to notice such a small matter of a swapped button. Then he fusses with his gloves, softly clears his throat and tries to pretend he can't see, but only because he feels quite at fault for making you feel this way, and he doesn't wish to embarrass you further.

Eventually he awkwardly pets your hand and says "there now..", then offers you a very formal looking handkerchief from the inside of his jacket, if he sees any more of you crying from being overwhelmed you're going to make him tear-up too. Unfortunately this actually makes you sob a little harder, because his gesture was just so sweet, and since when does anyone offer you tissues when you cry...?

"Oh dear... I'm afraid I've overstepped. I'm terribly sorry-" Barbatos sounds slightly out of sorts, on one hand he simply wants to take the handkerchief and gently dry your eyes (he's wondering if you don't have these in the human world, since you don't seem to know what to do with it), and on the other, a part of him wants to reach out and hold you, as you just look so fragile when you make that soft, hiccupping sound.

He doesn't want to make matters worse though, so what Barbatos actually does is remain standing stiffly next to you while you keep crying, patting your upper arm once or twice and hoping he isn't being too forceful, he certainly feels very clumsy right now to say the least.

Later, you want to explain to Barbatos that he didn't do anything wrong, and that it's actually all those tiny things that he does which mean the world to you. But you feel like you might have already put the butler through enough emotions for one day, so instead you remove a button from your most loved casual jacket and leave it tied next to his door with a ribbon, hoping to make him smile.

The next day Barbatos is wearing your button on his RAD uniform as a replacement for his own, even though it's now the only button on his uniform which doesn't match. If you look like you're going to cry all over again, this time he'll reach back from his desk and twine his fingers through yours.

Even though he still doesn't look at you, he squeezes tight.

Simeon

Simeon has to cancel on a movie marathon at the last minute when Michael sends an urgent summons. But instead of departing immediately, Simeon legs it over to the House of Lamentation straight away, arriving on your doorstep completely puffed.

"Here-" Simeon smiles warmly at you as he tries to catch his breath, he's holding something out to you while bending over his knees and trying not to laugh at how puffed he is.

You take a really old-looking stuffed toy from Simeon. It's the one you've seen sitting on his bed sometimes, but you didn't realise how fragile it is until you're holding the worn material in your hands. It looks like an angel, with a little smile on its face and one of the wings falling apart.

Simeon gives you the biggest hug, saying he'll be back before you know it, but in the meantime, if you need a guardian angel, he, Michael and Lucifer once had matching toys like this back in the celestial realm thousands of years ago, and they make for pretty good company.

You can tell Simeon just wanted to make you smile with something silly and cute, but you can't help it, the gesture was so sweet and suddenly your throat has gone prickly with feeling.

"Um... er... I think this belongs back in here..." Simeon looks a bit startled as a tear slips down your cheek, he immediately catches it on his fingertip and carefully tries to put it back in your eye. "I'm just kidding," he laughs gently, looking embarrassed. "Did I say the wrong thing?"

When you say not at all, you just weren't expecting something so kind, Simeon is slightly speechless.

"You weren't? But... really?" Simeon's tone is as baffled as it is sincere, like he's still trying to make sense of this, his heart is being pulled all sorts of ways by seeing you smile and cry at once.

When tell Simeon you really are okay, he laughs and raises his palm to his chest, saying "ugh, well I'm not okay...heh. Okay, change of plans... come with me to the celestial realm for a bit? I promise it'll be really boring, and you'll never think I'm nice again."

You both start laughing dorkily, especially when Simeon looks like he's definitely going to cry too- he knows you aren't sad, but there's something about seeing you being so sensitive that tugs a similar reaction from him before he can help it.

"...sorry," Simeon laughs, shaking his head at himself and wiping his eyes with his palms.

You're both still sheepishly laughing at each other when Lucifer walks past, and Simeon isn't quick enough to hide the stuffed angel. For a moment you're sure that Lucifer won't acknowledge it, and that you're both in for an icy comment for accidentally reminding him of anything as sentimental as having a toy.

"...I'm surprised you still have that old thing," Lucifer says flatly, then keeps walking.

Despite Lucifer sounding uninterested and unmoved, Simeon's eyes suddenly well with fresh tears as he whispers, "Luci...", both of you look like you might cry all over again while Lucifer sighs, wondering if he really is so bad at being nice that it reduces everyone to tears.