They have allergies/hayfever- Diavolo, Barbatos

[ silly fluff for the undateable characters!! or, Diavolo is badly allergic to human-world pollen and Barbatos is mildly allergic to Cerberus but loves him anyway :"> ]

Part I - Diavolo, Barbatos
-
Diavolo

You accompany Diavolo on a visit to the human world, which is not-so-secretly a grand adventure for Diavolo that he always enjoys. Diavolo asks if there are any special spots you might show him while you're up here together, saying you're his human-world sponsor now and he'll happily follow your lead. You think Diavolo might like the Japanese Gardens, you've seen a tea house there, plus it's the right season for cherry blossom trees.

Diavolo keeps looking around in wonder when you arrive, he'll point out every single thing he likes, which turns out to be everything. Though he's trying his best not to be impolite, he makes a quiet sound that you think is a sniffle, looking slightly caught-out when he realises he didn't bring any tissues or anything else that might be useful in this situation. Luckily Levi packed you a satchel which to you looks more like a survival kit, and you find an idol-group themed pocket pack of tissues to offer Diavolo (he's sincerely grateful and also comments that these tissues are so adorable and fun, and he hopes Levi won't mind).

The more you walk around however, the worse Diavolo's symptoms seem to get. He's smiling but also blinking-back tears, then he keeps sneezing uncontrollably in between telling you what a great time he's having (he'll apologise quite humbly to you and anyone near you if this happens, he really doesn't mean to keep drawing attention to the both of you). He'll also be doing his very best not to keep interrupting you while you're talking, even though his sneezes are quite soft and kittenish and not nearly as intimidating as you might expect from him.

You look a bit worried, but Diavolo just nudges your sleeve with his elbow and scrunches his nose apologetically, he keeps trying to smile and gesture that he's perfectly alright even while his face is mostly hidden behind Levi's tissues. You ask him if he maybe wants to leave, but Diavolo's eyes just widen in surprise as he says "oh? Are you not feeling well?"

By the time you've made it around the gardens, you have to insist that you both sit down somewhere far away from all these plants. As much as your demon prince keeps insisting he's having the time of his life, he also keeps stumbling into you when he can't open his eyes for sneezing, allergic tears are soaking his cheeks and he's sniffling terribly into the scarf you've lent him, he ran out of tissues some time ago. Diavolo lets himself be manhandled into sitting on a quiet bench with you, giving a guilty, congested sort of laugh at himself as he finally realises he probably needed this break. You also start laughing as he adds that it really was a wonderful time though, and he'll definitely be recommending these gardens to Barbatos for the next time they visit.

You buy Diavolo a cherry-blossom flavoured ice when you see the vendor walk past (he usually pays for you and everyone else, so Diavolo always feels touched and surprised when anyone treats him). Then you quietly sit together while Diavolo sniffles and smiles at you and says he already feels much better. He'll laugh and say thank you if you gently press your cold hands beneath his eyes, which have gone a little puffy.

When you ask him if he's ever had hayfever before, Diavolo cheerily replies "no... it was quite the experience, wasn't it?" he pauses, as if unsure if you'd want to hear this, then admits, "ah, but I'm glad I could be here with you... I kept almost reaching for your hand, you know. Well. Lucky I didn't, hm?" he gives you a sweet, self-deprecating sort of smile, as if apologising for being embarrassing. There are so many things you could say, like you're always happy being close to him, or that you also had a lovely day. Instead, you take his hand and softly tuck his arm around your waist, Diavolo's expression slowly changes to heartfelt surprise as he gently hugs you back.

Barbatos

Barbatos finds it very endearing when you say you'd like to help walk Cerberus (you're the only exchange student who looks at the enormous hellhound like he's an adorable puppy, but to be fair, for you that's often how Cerberus acts). And so you start joining Barbatos on morning walks around the castle grounds, sometimes you even catch Barbatos throwing you a soft, protective look when you arrive with toys that are obviously meant for dogs a fraction of Cerberus's size. Barbatos lets his guard down even further when he sees you aren't afraid to cuddle and pet Cerberus, he laughs quietly and tells you that you now officially have the most dangerous infernal creature of hell as your guardian angel.

Even though Barbatos clearly has a soft spot for Cerberus too, you notice that he tends not to hug the hellhound or let himself be licked like you or Diavolo. After your first few morning walks, you realise with surprise that Barbatos is mildly allergic when it comes to dogs, he tries not to get too much pet hair over his clothes if he can help it. Cerberus often gets too excited when he sees you both though, and on one occasion, Barbatos feels a jolt of worry when he sees you pinned to the ground by the three-headed creature, even if it's with love.

Barbatos pulls Cerberus off you and helps you up, his expression filled with concern until you assure him that apart from now being covered in leaves and dirt, no harm was done. Barbatos gently scolds Cerberus for being too rough, but the hound suddenly looks so chastised and forlorn that Barbatos chuckles and looks a little rueful too, ruffling between the pup's ears and saying Cerberus will have to forgive him, he can get a bit protective when it comes to you too.

Tackling Cerberus did leave Barbatos slightly disheveled however, and soon he starts quietly clearing his throat, apologising to you both you and Cerberus (you think it's cute that he also apologises to Cerberus), and even more cute when the hellhound keeps sorrowfully nudging Barbatos's back with his nose, as if to say sorry too. Even when Cerberus is trying to be careful, Barbatos has stumbled forward from Cerberus's gentle nudges more than once, but he doesn't have the heart for any more telling-off.

You gently place your hand on Barbatos's shoulder and ask if he's okay, and Barbatos smiles at you through teary, itchy-looking eyes, saying he's sorry for worrying you and don't mind him, this allergy will settle down soon enough. He tries to press the corner of his handkerchief to dry his eyes, but when Cerberus tries to help by licking the entire front of Barbatos's face, the butler sighs, deciding this walk is clearly a lost cause.

Barbatos does what he can to patiently dry his face, then sniffles and laughs when you point to all the dried mud on your clothes in commiseration. He gives you a small, almost wry smile, saying since the damage has already thoroughly been done- you look like you've fought your way through the traditional nine circles of hell and his eyes are watering so badly that he looks a little frightening- how would you like to ride Cerberus back to the castle instead of walking? You couldn't be more excited, and Cerberus lays compliantly down, his tail thrashing with barely withheld glee.

You both arrive back at the castle gates with the hellhound as your steed, your arms wrapped tight around Barbatos's front. You also didn't know Mammon and Lucifer were going to be visiting this morning- Mammon's jaw drops as he sees you, blurting that he can't leave you alone for five seconds without you inventing a new death wish, and Lucifer just closes his eyes as if he didn't see you at all, it's still too early in the morning for this.