Secret- Obi-Wan Kenobi

"So, who's the lucky father?"

I stared blankly at the screen on the monitor beside me. Displayed on it was the child growing inside of me. The doctor had told me I was about fourteen weeks along.

My gaze slowly traveled to the doctor who had asked the question. "No one," I said.

The signs had been there for weeks but I had tried to ignore them. And I did until Anakin found me throwing up in the toilet.

When I arrived at my apartment in Coruscant, Anakin was there. I sighed and closed the door behind me.

"That key I gave you was only for emergencies," I told the padawan. He was my best friend and the only person I could trust with this.

He ignored my statement and rose from his place on the couch. "Well? What did the doctor say?"

I stood there, staring down at the hardwood floors of my apartment. The doctor had told me to eat healthy and take my vitamins. Told me that my due date was in twenty six weeks.

Tears started streaming down my face. Seeing this, Anakin quickly crossed the room and enveloped me in his arms. I buried my face into his shoulder and the softness of his Jedi robes as he soothingly rubbed my back.

Neither of us spoke a word for a while. When I stopped crying, he helped me over to the couch and covered me in a blanket.

"I'll make you some tea," he offered. He left for the kitchen before I could accept or decline.

I had always wanted children. I loved the idea of raising little ones and being a parent. But when I thought of having kids I also thought of getting married. I had wanted to marry before I had children.

Anakin returned with a cup of tea, which I gingerly took from his hands. He remained quiet and watched as I sipped from the cup.

The tea helped to clear my mind and calm my stomach. I leaned forward, setting the cup on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"Are you going to tell Obi-Wan?" Anakin asked quietly.

I froze then leaned back in my seat, pulling the blanket up over my shoulders. "Why should I?"

"He's the father, is he not?" Anakin's brow furrowed.

"He's a Jedi," I reminded my friend. Obi-Wan and I had agreed to end our relationship because of Jedi rules, but not before having one more magical night together. That night was what put me in this situation.

"The Jedi council will never find out the child is his, but Obi-Wan has a right to know," Anakin argued.

I couldn't meet his eyes. Obi-Wan should know he had a child, but I knew it would only make him feel worse for breaking the Jedi code. "Anakin, I need you to do me a favor."