Brother- Kylo Ren/Ben Solo

This was requested by LilaKatelyn

This was requested by LilaKatelyn . I hope you enjoy it! I apologize for the extremely long wait. I know the song I linked is traditionally a love song but it's also just about chasing something you will never reach. I listened to it while writing this and found it kind of fitting.  

~~~~

I stared at the lightsaber in my hand. The steel hilt glinted against the bright sun. A smudge caught my eye and I wiped it off with my sleeve. A familiar set of footsteps approached carefully behind me. I did not turn to meet their owner.

"You don't have to come," Rey said gently. "Leia won't judge you if you choose to stay here."

I didn't move from the log. "I have to go. He's my brother."

———

Uncle Luke knelt down by my side. "Lila, you can do this. Don't overthink it," he said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I sniffled and wiped my eyes. "But he's so much bigger than me."

"Remember what I taught you? Just because you're smaller doesn't mean you're weaker," Uncle Luke stated. "He's bigger, yes, but he's also slower. You're small and agile. Use that to your advantage."

I could feel the prying eyes of the other students. I was one of the youngest there, at only nine years old. I turned my head and found Ben in the row of students that lined the training grounds. His dark eyes met mine as he gave me a firm nod.

I slowly turned my eyes back to Luke. "Okay," I said with a nod. "Okay I'll try it."

———

I had promised my mother I would get Ben back. I never broke a promise. Leia was my mother and my general so I desired to please and impress her. I knew that if Leia could go she would be there, but being a general meant she had other responsibilities to tend to on other planets.

I boarded the Millenium Falcon not an hour after my conversation with Rey. I noticed the crew exchanging looks at my expense but I ignored them. I did not want or need their pity.

Ben may have fallen to the dark side but we would get him back, just as Uncle Luke convinced Vader to come back in the end. I only hoped that our conversation would go differently.

I settled into the co-pilot's seat with Chewbacca and Rey on either side of me. Finn and Poe were somewhere else on the ship, readying the weapons and supplies for the journey.

My mind was numb as I started up the ship, my movements running purely on muscle memory. I wished Luke was there. He would know what to do- what to say to calm my nerves.

———

Tears streamed down my cheeks. My lightsaber was held in my limp and shaking hands. I wasn't a threatening sight.